Location: Montvale, NJ
The Own Brands Business Manager is responsible for developing plans and executing projects and initiatives that support the Own Brands merchandising and marketing strategy while ensuring the brand remains relevant to consumers. Additionally, Brand Managers are responsible for managing all aspects of their Own Brands desk from promotional planning and contract writing to new item recommendation and vendor relationships.
Generate merchandising and marketing programs across all aspects of the Own Brands business focused on bottom line growth through top-line sales results. Manage the relationships between the supplier community and category management. The Own Brands Business Manager is fully responsible for their items from new item concept to shelf placement and merchandising/promotional planning.
- Manage relationships between suppliers and category management
- Contract writing for weekly/bi-weekly promotional programs
- Explore, document and gain alignment on ideas to promote and grow the business
- Responsible for post promotion analysis while developing key updates on “wins and losses” across particular events
- Develop strategies from consumer insights to support sales building activities
- Develop annual promotional plans tied back to national brand programs to maximize exposure and drive Own Brands sales
- Interact with key suppliers to develop category specific merchandising plans.
- Review Own Brands Sales trends and identify categories that need merchandising support.
- Collaborate with business leaders, category managers, and the marketing department, to identify trends, new items, supplier programs, seasonal sales opportunities and support these efforts by developing appropriate merchandising programs.
SPECIAL SKILLS, TRAINING, OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 3-5 years retail experience or related experience in the management/sales field
- Ability to work independently
- Confidentiality a must
- Intermediate computer skills, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Analytical skills as needed by position
- Project management and negotiation skills a must
CORE COMPANY VALUES:
- Think Customer First – Our Customers are the reason we’re in business. So we set priorities based on the question: “How will this serve them?” We owe Customers our very best efforts and do whatever it takes to keep them coming back by really listening to them, anticipating their needs, and by being first to offer them the best. We move on Customer needs and requests with a sense of urgency — at the “speed of retail.”
- Dignity and Respect – We see and value the uniqueness of every individual and believe everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect. When we interact with Customers, we make them feel Welcome, Important, and Appreciated. For some of us, the “Customers” are Associates in our stores. We treat fellow Associates with the dignity and respect deserving of any member of the A&P family. When we see our colleagues treating people right, we praise in public. When we see behavior that misses the mark, we counsel in private and with kindness.
- Talent Investment – We believe that when you build the people, they will build the business. So we choose to invest in our people by continually providing opportunities for development. We encourage our Associates to continually seek out fresh ideas and approaches. We are a culture of “responsible learners” who identify our skill gaps and fill them in with self-learning. Building our knowledge base and sharing it with others will help our Company innovate and grow. Whenever possible, we promote from within.
- Integrity – People want to do business with those they can trust. To earn that trust, we are true to our word and keep our promises. We are honest to a fault. We tell the truth, even when it hurts. Because we hold ourselves to the highest ethical standard in our words and deeds, and we welcome scrutiny from our business partners, our shareholders, and the general public. We are committed to being an upstanding corporate citizen in the communities we serve.
- Accountability – Each of us makes a daily contribution to the success of our Company. In that sense, we are all owners. We show our pride in ownership by taking responsibility for all aspects of our work. We follow through completely and measure our results. Each Associate has the responsibility to look, see, and act to make our Company stronger. When we see a problem, we not only fix the problem — we fix the cause. We base our work on data, not feelings. We know our Customers and we know our numbers.
- Teamwork – We work as a team, because while any individual idea or effort may be great, collaboration will only make it better. The most important job of any manager is to develop people to be experts and leaders themselves. This is how we will build strong teams. Company leaders keep an “open door” to suggestions and new ideas from Associates. It’s more fun to win. When a job is well done, we celebrate successes and share in the rewards — together.
- Sustainability – We are a good neighbor. We make a positive mark on the environment we work in, so it’s a better place for our having been there. We stay connected to the community through charitable giving and service. We especially support programs that make a difference in the lives of children — our most precious resource. Doing good for the communities we serve is good for business. We’re committed to offering products, information, and incentives that help our Customers do the right thing for their families and the environment. Sustainability guides our long-range planning. We make business decisions that are designed to help our company prosper for another 150 years.