Capping off its milestone 100th Anniversary year, Sears iconic Private Brand Kenmore announced yesterday the winners of a year-long, nation-wide search for the best recipes that have stood the test of time. The five winners, all home cooks, will join some of the nation’s top chefs to serve up their award-winning dishes at the Food Network New York City Wine & Food Festival presented by FOOD & WINE, October 18-20 at Pier 92 in New York City.
The five grand prize winners and their recipes, which are available on cookmore.com, are:
- Christen Clark, Runnells, Iowa – Sweet Corn Ravioli with Sauteed Summer Vegetables
- Jeffrey Doyle-Horney, Stoughton, Wisc. – Grandmother Lucy’s Raspberry Lattice Pie
- Jill Gilber, Langhorne, Penn. – Apple of My Eye
- Merry Graham, Newhall, Calif. – Nacho Mama’s Chorizo Casserole
- Camille Warren, Hilliard, Ohio – Pork Chops and Applesauce on a Stick
Festival attendees will be able to taste the winning recipes and meet Ty Pennington, and the winning cooks, at one of the hottest exhibits at Pier 92 – the Sears Entertainment Area, which includes the following displays:
- A Kenmore booth featuring food and kitchen innovations from the Kenmore.
- Sears Sporting Goods and Outdoor Living lounges will that offer guests a place to relax in comfortable patio furniture; play crowd-pleasing games like bag toss, table tennis and billiards; and get ideas to help burn off those calories from this ultimate foodie event.
On October 18 and 19, TV personality Ty Pennington will appear alongside the winners at the following events, and also be available for photos with Festival attendees at the Kenmore booth:
- Blue Moon Burger Bash presented by Pat LaFrieda Meats hosted by Rachael Ray, Friday, Oct. 18, 7 to 10 p.m.
- Jets + Chefs: The Ultimate Tailgate presented by diet pepsi hosted by Joe Namath & Mario Batali, Saturday, Oct. 19, 2 to 5 p.m.
In addition, Shop Your Way members and cookmore.com users attending the events will have the opportunity to receive the limited edition Kenmore 100th Anniversary Centennial Cookbook, which premieres at the festival and features the winners’ recipes. Stop by the Kenmore booth and register for Cookmore and Shop Your Way to receive your cookbook.
“While crisscrossing the country, I have the pleasure of hearing great family stories and some of my favorites involve food and how a recipe has been passed down from generation to generation,” said Pennington. “It’s an honor to appear alongside these chief memory makers to serve up a piece of their history, as well as represent the Kenmore brand on the momentous occasion of its 100th Year Anniversary.”
The award-winning recipes were selected from submissions made during multiple Kenmore 100th Anniversary celebrations, including a Memorial Day event in New York City to honor military servicemen and women; recipe contests at State Fairs in Wisconsin, Iowa and Ohio; and a digital cook-off on cookmore.com. Winners were selected by representatives from Kenmore and were chosen based on the following criteria: presentation, heritage story, taste appeal and uniqueness.
“Over the course of a century the Kenmore brand has been proud to have earned our customers’ trust and to be part of their homes and lives,” said Michael Castleman, senior vice president, Sears Holdings and president, Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard. “On the Kenmore brand’s 100th Anniversary, it’s only fitting that Kenmore honors this shared history by celebrating recipes passed down for generations and embodying the power that cooking holds in our hearts.”
Throughout the Festival, celebrity chefs from Mario Batali and Andrew Zimmern to Adam Richman will appear on the Kenmore Kitchen Stage. The Kenmore Kitchen Stage, separate from the Sears Entertainment Area, will serve as a central hub for attendees to see celebrity chefs in action using the brand’s latest innovations: Kenmore Elite Trio 33 cu. ft. French Door Bottom Mount Refrigerator, Kenmore Elite 30″ Electric Double Oven Free Standing Range, Kenmore Elite 24″ Built-In Dishwasher with 360 PowerWash Plus Technology and Kenmore Elite 1.8 cu ft. Over-the-Range Convection Microwave.
All proceeds from the Festival benefit the Food Bank For New York City and Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign. To date, the Festival has raised more than $6 million for these hunger-relief organizations.