The Director of Finance provides total financial leadership, direction and analysis to the functional management team by driving functional financial metrics, controlling costs, and working closely with the Vice President, Financial Planning and Analysis and Functional Leader in order to achieve goals and add shareholder value. This person will be the key driver of the Strategic, Operating, and Resource Planning (SOAR) process.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Conducts financial planning and forecasting for the functional area.
- Conducts Pro-Forma Financial Analysis.
- Develops and executes cost controls.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities to drive profitability and develops improvement strategies.
- Responsible for appropriate selection, performance appraisals, termination and professional development of assigned staff.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to the Vice President, Financial Planning and Analysis and Functional Leader
- Accountable for the management of a department or functional group through subordinate supervisors/managers and for all personnel issues — including selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development of subordinates.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must pass the Drug Test.
- Must pass the Background Check.
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE – 8
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Financial planning and analysis experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of Finance and Accounting Principles and Practices.
- Business Planning/Strategy Setting experience.
- Budgeting, Financial Planning and Financial Modeling skills.
- Knowledge of International Business and Finance.
- Ability to Interact with all levels of associates.
Date Posted: Sep 28, 2013
Functional Area: Finance/Acctng/Treasury/Investor Relatio
Company: The Home Depot
Position Type: Full-Time
Relocation Provided: No