Daymon Worldwide – Fresh Meat and Packaged Goods
San Antonio, Texas Area
- Experience Required
- Relocation Required
This person will be responsible for developing business growth strategies, identifying future growth opportunity areas/innovation platforms for both existing and new brands, generating ideas within agreed upon growth areas/platforms, and development & commercialization of agreed upon ideas.
The position requires working closely with their team, suppliers, local account and technical experts in identifying the white spaces that the company can successfully leverage. A successful applicant will be a self starter who:
- Can effectively deal with ambiguities and have a General Manager mind set & strategic visionary capacity to lead the thinking.
- Can drive to uncover the insights and leverage them into new product/process business opportunities.
- Must have meat / deli product / brand development experience to bring ideas to life (concepts to actual launch), excellent project management & leadership skills to deliver projects on time and budget.
This position is responsible for leading initiatives which includes but is not limited to sales/profit optimization plans, marketing plans, new products, ideation, evaluation, and business analysis to identify growth opportunities for the meat / deli business.
In addition, they will contribute to pioneering efforts that merge traditional brand building practices with the expertise in retail environments and shopper behavior to create brands that make the overall consumer experience, from shopping through usage, more rewarding.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Actively lead a team to identify and size new business opportunities, identify consumer motivators and opportunities for the meat and deli business unit.
- Identify new product (e.g., packaging, equipment, merchandise, sourcing, etc.) approaches by conducting competitive SWOT analyses in order to create a proprietary advantage for the company in tapping new growth areas.
- Develop annual brand plan including evaluating brand and competition, defining growth strategies and developing marketing tactics with an emphasis on new product strategies / concepts, marketing communications platforms and retail marketing integration
- Assess in-market potential of innovation concepts within meat and deli.
- Minimize duplication of effort across business units/ divisions by utilizing effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Develop and coordinate cross-functional project plans and critical paths by utilizing project planning tools in order to ensure timely in-market commercialization of innovations.
- Make consumers/ customers and their needs the primary focus of the business; developing, evaluating and selecting consumer / customer based actions that maximize long-term, profitable volume.
- Use appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team; facilitating the completion of team (e.g., department, project teams, etc) goals.
- Ability to build relationships and credibility with key stakeholders in order to successfully educate, engage and align across the meat and deli departments.
- Manage direct report(s) to ensure that proper training, coaching, performance reviews, and career improvement opportunities for direct report(s) are in place in an effort to increase performance and achieve short and long term business objectives.
- Knowledge of and ability to gather, interpret, connect, and apply multiple societal/ consumer/industry/ technical insights and trends to be used in the development of marketing strategies and programs.
- Lead and support internal and external teams (consumer insights, innovation, category management, sourcing, legal, operations, R&D, merchandising, event marketing and business development) to execute against innovation plan and new product / package design initiatives, marketing communication, consumer promotion and retail marketing strategies while remaining flexible and responsive to the rapidly evolving needs of retail.
- Monitor brand performance; analyze sales & consumer data, trends and new product introductions. Interpret findings and identify areas of risk and/or opportunities critical for meeting business objectives.
- Coordinate the implementation of product improvements, line extensions, packaging, consumer promotions and pricing.
- 4 year degree required, MBA preferred
- 7-10 years in the Meat Industry
- Demonstrated leadership in the development and execution of brand and innovation initiatives.
- Brand positioning / consumer segmentation experience
- Ability to build strong agenda and sell it internally
- Strong creative thinker/problem solver
- Experience working cross-functionally with internal and external partners.
- Strong project management, analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Experience with syndicated scan and panel data through suppliers such as AC Nielsen and IRI