Early last week Minneapolis retailer Target debuted the fall broadcast campaign for their flagship home Private Brand Threshold. Filmed in a Brooklyn brownstone, the spot brings the fall collection of home accents and accessories, poufs and pillows, bedding and bath, entertaining, kitchenware and more to life in a real environment.
The ads feature Sara Ruffin Costello, former Creative Director of the much-beloved Domino mag and regular contributor to the New York Times, T Magazine, as the host of a gorgeous fall dinner party. A self-proclaimed “low-key host,” Sara inspires viewers to make their homes tastefully warm and welcoming with the Threshold collection.
Check out a few of Sara’s entertaining tips below.
- When guests offer help, take it! Invite your guests to help you with any easy, last minute details. It will take the pressure off of you as hostess, and help your guests feel at home.
- Casual spread. Use an eclectic mix of plates, platters, bowls, trays and vases for an at-ease atmosphere.
- Pouf! More seating. Poufs are basically magic—they easily work as additional seating in small spaces.
- Make it glow. Good lighting is the most critical thing to have at a party, says Sara. Dim the lights, light some candles and include silver and brass into the room for some shine.
- A perfect party isn’t perfect. Sara believes that parties gone wrong are parties gone right. A little hiccup or a spilled glass of wine means you’re human.
SOURCE: A Bullseye View