Family Dollar – DVP Global Sourcing
The DVP Global Sourcing is responsible for identifying, directing and managing the development of strategies and execution processes in the sourcing of lines of business and their associated categories. Working collaboratively and supporting the Category Teams and merchandise leadership, this position will also coordinate with Quality Assurance, Import Logistics, Inventory Management, Planning, Suppliers and Service Providers to establish goals and objectives for the categories to achieve sales, profit growth and cost savings for Family Dollar. This position manages assigned Directors, Sourcing Managers and Sourcing Coordinators.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Proactively Partner with LOB/Category Teams to develop category/line of business sourcing strategies – setting both long-term and season specific objectives
- Partner with Family Dollar Merchandising (SVP, DVPs and Buyers) and Suppliers to manage the product development and sourcing processes
- Build, manage and maintain a Family Dollar Vendor Matrix that allows the organization to leverage its vendor base and capitalize on multi-sourcing capabilities
- Represent the Home Office sourcing and supplier development strategies and operations with Family Dollar international offices; specifically focusing on direction and guidance for the continued integration and collaboration between the sourcing teams
- Plan, manage and execute the creation of sourcing project objectives and timelines inclusive of project goals, product specifications, supplier criteria, pricing and production parameters. Collaboratively work across the Family Dollar organization to present the best options to the Merchandising Leadership/Category Teams focused on the defined opportunities within each category
- Identify products and needs that meet the production/cost/quality requirements necessary to ensure the “right” product selection is in place in all Family Dollar stores.
- Serve as a key negotiator who is instrumental in Supplier and product selection, production capacity, and price negotiations
- Collaborate with Category Teams and Suppliers to establish and finalize all material, product reservations and production costs
- Review and approve all Global Sourcing programs and product placements within line of business hierarchy of responsibility
- Direct, mentor and manage assigned Directors, Sourcing Manager(s) and Sourcing Coordinator(s)
- Partner with Packaging Engineers, Quality Assurance, Category Teams, Supply Chain, Private Label and Store Operations on product packaging specifications to ensure proper development and execution. Serve as a primary communicator internally and to Suppliers and Service Providers
- Work closely and collaboratively with Quality Assurance to achieve and ensure the monitoring of Family Dollar quality standards through communication both internally and with Suppliers and Service Providers
- Provide insight, direction and leadership regarding new products, trends and opportunities, by category, based on market developments, statistical analysis and competitor information
- Provide appropriate training and content knowledge to the Category, Supply Chain, Import Logistics, Private Label, Legal and Quality Assurance Team members
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education: BA/BS or equivalent work experience.
Experience: Twelve (12) or more years of experience in Retail Buying, Product Development, or Sourcing.
Technical Skills: Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office desktop applications, inclusive of Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Moderate to intermediate working knowledge of web-based product life cycle management tools, inclusive of work flow, task management, supplier/service provider collaboration and, management reporting.
- Ability to display comprehensive understanding of retail product life cycle, product development, global sourcing and supply chain processes
- Possess and employ strong interpersonal and communication – both strategic and tactical content
- Strong analytics, problem-solving, multi-tasking and prioritization
- Ability to interact effectively and build strong relationships with all levels of Category Teams and Merchandising Leadership
- Strong organizational, administrative and project management
- Strong focus on staff development/mentoring and representation of Corporate values
Primary Location: NC-Charlotte
Job Level: Executive
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years)
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Background Check Required: Yes
Drug Screen Required: Yes