Supervalu -Director of Private Brands Sourcing
The Director of Private Brands Sourcing has responsibility for organizing and articulating the near and long-term strategic vision of their merchandising pod group and communicating that vision across the merchandising-marketing organization. This role leads and influences cross-functionally to align and drive strategies with the SSG group and banner stakeholders, collaborating with banners to ensure category business plans are customer centric and reflect hyper-local standards. The Director is directly responsible for Millions to Billions in annual sales for individual categories on a national scale.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Establishes growth guidelines and financial objectives for yearly and period plans, Category Business Plans (CBP).
- Develops overall promo strategy for individually managed categories and delivers on Private Brand strategic goals, sets all pricing for individual categories, and approves section sizes and adjacencies in schematic plans for individually managed categories.
- Actively participates in all new item sourcing discussions and set the strategy for vendor supply parameters in the creation and maintenance of all private brand items.
- Oversees vendor relations, negotiates terms and manages funds for all Private Brand vendors on a national scale, and continually searches out and secures new manufacturing partners.
- Ensures both inbound and outbound service level goals are met and take action necessary to ensure vendor and DC compliance; ensures all Sourcing Managers are following consistent guidelines and are aligned to all policies.
- Oversees all communications, Crop and Commodity reports, to our DC’s and Business partners are on time and factual – engaging all suppliers to obtain incremental funding opportunities to drive sales and ensuring adequate seasonal supply on all products.
- Leads, coaches and develops Business Support Managers and Business Support Specialists; and coaches others within the merchandising pod in support of initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Relevant experience required plus 8+ years of retail merchandising experience across multiple banners and geographies. MA or MBA preferred.
- Strong knowledge base in supermarket retail and an understanding of consumer behavior in relation to product performance is required; must possess a detailed understanding of cause-effect relations between operational levers and performance; and must possess a strong financial background.
- Proven ability to work successfully across all areas of the company; ability to successfully monitor performance; and possess strong client management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate contracts and terms and vendor funding opportunities. Experience in developing complicated and national contracts preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and think big picture; ability to deliver category plans and programs that compliment both the corporate and departmental strategies.
- Well-developed computer aptitude with proficient skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office; ability to adapt to and learn new systems quickly.
Primary Location: Minnesota-Eden Prairie
Why Work for Supervalu?
SUPERVALU Inc. is one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the U.S. with annual sales of approximately $17 billion. SUPERVALU serves customers across the United States through a network of approximately 3,400 stores. Headquartered in Minnesota, SUPERVALU has approximately 35,000 employees. We know that bright, motivated people are the reason for our success. Because of our employees, we’ve been providing the best service to our customers for more than 135 years.
We encourage FRESH thinking, offer an environment of inclusion and support, and set no boundaries on your achievement!