Amazon – Principal Product Manager, Consumables Private Label
Job ID: 230423
Posted Date: 8/19/2013
Company: Amazon Corporate LLC
Position Category: Product Management
The Amazon Consumables team is looking for a highly motivated, analytical and entrepreneurial Principal Product Manager to join our team to launch new high quality products to our global customers. The Principal Product Manager will invent and manage our product development process, starting with the determination of specific brand portfolios all the way through to acting on customer feedback for the finished goods (and every step in between).
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for delivering high quality products to customers. This candidate will possess strong product development technical skills, strong process development and project management skills, strong financial acumen, solid software skills, high degree of ownership and integrity, a high attention to detail, excellent communication skills, an ability to drive consensus across multiple stakeholders and be a great team player.
The Product Manager’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Managing the entire physical product life-cycle from strategic activities to tactical implementation including product portfolio idea generation based on market trends and customer needs analysis. Additionally, the role requires process development, operational planning and understanding of comprehensive financial analysis to support forecasting /inventory investments.
- Launching new products by having full ownership of product development and operational activities to deliver high quality products globally. Developing the global product road map for the Consumables Private Label program and working closely with both domestic and international key stakeholders.
- Partnering closely with cross functional teams including the retail category teams, legal, tax, product compliance, social accountability, trade compliance, finance, transportation, and global suppliers to deliver on brand equity, net revenue, and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborating with other members of the Consumables Private Label team including Brand Management, Sourcing, Marketing, and Instock Management
- Facilitating approval process with patent, regulatory and legal
- Developing a thorough understanding of the market segment, seasonality and global trends/events, and continually monitoring competitor efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years of customer-facing product development experience.
- Experience in developing and managing products, utilizing consumer usage, attitudes, needs and wants for product development direction.
- Experience gathering requirements including business case development, functional product development, and technical expertise.
- Knowledge of product development and lifecycle management process.
- Experience with primary product development as well as reverse engineering existing products
- Experience with a general merchandise retailer or consumer packaged goods company
- Experience in leading the deployment and adoption of project management tools such as Agile
- Experience in consumable product categories such as Grocery, Personal Care, Beauty, Health & Wellness, and Baby.
- Demonstrated success in applying organizational prioritization and increasing organizational efficiencies. Experience in creating processes for managing multiple workflows.