PB CAREERS: McCain Foods – Senior Manager, Retail Brand
It’s a matter of taste. At McCain Foods we believe that given the option, consumers will always choose product that tastes better, looks fresher and provides quality and uncompromising value. We are a world leader in preparing very good quality food products that are available around the globe. Our secret for success is really no secret at all: start with great quality product, add a committed and dedicated team, and always remember that there is no substitute for quality. We don’t compromise when it comes to our people either; we can’t afford to. We invest in and expect the very best. We provide supportive leadership and a competitive compensation package. If you have a taste for the very best and can dish it up too, we’ve got a place for you at our table.
Reporting to the Senior Director – US Retail, the individual will manage all aspects of marketing within the pizza portfolio and be the strategic business leader for their brands with Sales, Innovation and other functional groups within the organization. Responsibilities include development of annual business plan, strategy development and execution, value proposition development, portfolio design, innovation strategy and management, business performance analysis, and P&L management.
The core scope of this role is to commercialize and rapidly grow the dough based handheld products business for the McCain US Retail business, heavily leveraging private label as a means to accelerate customer and category penetration.
- Provide category expertise of the assigned portfolio including industry trends, business fundamentals, market structure, segment/customer needs and competitive landscape
- Lead the annual strategic planning process for the portfolio, identifying growth opportunities, key strategies and tactics to enable delivery of financial objectives.
- Work with sales to penetrate key accounts, building total value proposition, category and consumer reviews
- Develop innovation strategy and execution; lead insight development and application, portfolio design, packaging design, and list price and cross channel pricing decisions.
- Lead and manage cross-functional project teams to execute new product launches, SKU and materials management, financial feasibility exercises.
- Manage agency relationship on behalf of the brand, overseeing customer and consumer activation in support of the annual marketing plan.
- Build research and knowledge agenda in coordination with McCain Insights partners.
- Conduct business analysis and reporting (sales, profits, competitive activity, promotional results, etc.).
- Prepare management level reporting and advisement on category trends and business performance utilizing internal and external data sources (ie SAP, Nielsen Scan Data, Consumer Household Panel, etc).
- Manage marketing spending budget and tracks and reports on spending results and ROI.
Minimum 5+ years of marketing and or category management experience with a focus on retail channels (Grocery, Drug, Mass, Club). Food experience a plus.
The successful candidate will need to be a self-starter, independent thinker and posses the ability to rapidly understand category business fundamentals from an opportunity and challenge perspective. The candidate will then rapidly convert that insight to sustainable strategies and action plans for growth. Entrepreneurial approach to driving new business development with a strong commercial orientation and an ability to influence the organization
Excellent communication skills, analytical ability, independent decision making and business vision – as well as a strong understanding of business drivers and their corresponding impact to the P&L. Strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task against several complex projects at one time Must be familiar with syndicated data systems (Nielsen, Consumer Household Panel, etc), managing and leveraging primary consumer research, and manipulating multiple data sources to generate business insights.
BA in Marketing or Business required, MBA preferred
Country: United States of America