For those of you who still believe that Private Brands are only a force in grocery, here is a job posting for a significant Private Brand job with online daily deals site Groupon.
Global Manager, Private Label – Groupon Goods
Goods Buying & Business Development | Chicago, IL, United States
Requisition ID 5627
We’re a global leader in local commerce, making it easy for people around the world to search and discover great businesses at unbeatable prices. We’re reinventing the traditional small business world by providing merchants with a suite of products and services, including customizable deal campaigns, credit card payments processing capabilities and point-of-sale solutions to help them attract more customers and run their operations more effectively.
By leveraging our global relationships and scale, we offer consumers incredible deals on the best stuff to eat, see, do, and buy in 48 countries. Shoppers discover the best a city has to offer with Groupon Local, enjoy vacations with Groupon Getaways, and find a curated selection of electronics, fashion, home furnishings and more with Groupon Goods. Employees make it possible.
Groupon Goods is a newly launched online retail arm of Groupon. It features really good deals on great products. To get airspace on Groupon Goods, a product has to be cool enough to share and innovative enough to inspire. It also must be made of reliably bonded molecules and stardust.
We are seeking a Global Manager, Private Label to join our Buying team to focus on building out our Softlines Private Label business strategy. This individual will be responsible for the project management of contracts, marketing and legal compliance for private label initiatives.
- Coordinate product selection, designs and pricing between buyers and vendors.
- Coordinate legal contracts between the vendors and manage IP.
- Own the vendor selection and manage vendor relationships by driving weekly/monthly meetings between relevant teams/POC’s.
- Work with buyers to create comprehensive plans for buying inventory 3-12 months out, map and track forecasting.
- Drive internal marketing initiatives, site and email placement.
- Coordinate logistics and drive down cost of private label procurement.
- Coordinate external marketing initiatives with third party companies.
- Coordinate product auditing using third party companies to assess product specs and ensure quality assurance.
- Experience in building out private label solutions, preferably in Apparel, Jewelry or Accessories
- 4 year college degree (BS/BA)
- 5+ years in Private Label OR 8+ years’ experience managing projects and/or driving change
- Proven experience in change management
- Proficient in project management software
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically
- Passionate about delivering best in class customer experience
- Able to lead others from problems to solutions
- Strong sense of ownership
- Adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborate well, but also hold others accountable
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer