Amazon – Senior Demand Planning & Inventory Manager – Global Private Brands
US, WA, Seattle • Job ID 165104 • Amazon Corporate LLC
The Home and Garden Private Label team is looking for a strategic, analytical, and innovative Senior Manager to lead inventory management and instock (planning) for our Pinzon and Strathwood brands in the Bedding/Bath and Outdoor Living categories. Private brands are a fast-growing category focused on delivering a rich assortment of product offerings of high quality and value to the Amazon customer. Joining Amazon’s Private Label team means partnering with a dynamic and creative group of talented people who set a high bar for innovation and success in a fast-paced and changing environment.
The Senior Manager is responsible for financial inventory planning and purchasing, reducing operational defects, optimizing inventory health, and improving supply chain efficiency to ensure a world-class customer experience. In addition, this role will drive system and process improvements with engineering teams across Amazon to create scalable methods of forecasting, procurement, and order management. The position requires an individual who can work autonomously in a highly demanding and often-ambiguous environment, with strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
The successful candidate will have hands-on, operations or inventory management experience, strong analytical and problem solving skills, and excellent business judgment. Candidates should have a demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, where tactical and strategic activities are driven in parallel, strong attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years management consulting, supply chain or business management
- Strong data extraction, analytical and problem solving skills; ability to work with large, complex data sets and familiarity with statistics or other analytical techniques; excel skills are required.
- Proven track record of managing and executing entire projects or components of large projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering and manipulation, synthesis and modeling, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations.
- Graduate degree in Business, Engineering or a Supply Chain/Operations discipline preferred
- 5+ years demand planning, inventory management and/or project management experience
- SQL programming ability and experience with data warehouse systems
- Experience working with tools and process improvement techniques such as Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma
- Ability to thrive in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are driven in parallel- business process improvement
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Knowledge of outdoor furniture and/or home textile products
- Excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done