Home Depot – Director, Brand Development
GA – Atlanta
POSITION PURPOSE –
This position is responsible for identifying target merchandise categories for implementing control brand merchandising strategies. As the control brand SME drives the financial planning process and optimizes margin performance through strategic product rollouts and continuous brand integrity. The position is responsible for driving sku vitality, assortment planning and managing all aspects of the control brand promise including ongoing competitive benchmarking. Through leadership participation in business performance review / PLR and supplier negotiations, this role also ensures oversight of the brand across the enterprise. Oversees strategic sourcing, establishing and maintaining a consistent pipeline of product innovation that delivers on the brand promise and supports the strategic goals of the merchant partners.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 35% Develop merchandising strategy
- 25% Operational execution of programs
- 15% Financial planning
- 15% Supplier selection
- 10% Cross-functional team management
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Position reports to the Senior Dirctor, Brand Strategy
- Accountable for direct supervision of the work activities of others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a master’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE – 05
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- MBA preferred.
- Agency/consultant experience
- Start-up experience; corporate experience
- Retail or home improvement industry experience
- Experience as a team leader; ability to complete projects through a variety of different people in various departments who do not directly report to the team leader.
- Well-developed presentation skills (oral and written) computer skills required, specifically Powerpoint, Word and Excel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
Brand-driven strategist with proficiency in buying, financial management and product development
Functional Area: Marketing
Company: The Home Depot
Position Type: Full-Time
Relocation Provided: No