Requisition ID: 196601BR
Business: Corporate – Supply Chain
Job Function: Supply Chain Management
Employment Category: Regular, Full-time
Sears Req Type: Salaried Exempt
he Director, Floor Ready Services partners with merchant and home design leadership to manage the packaging creative development process. This Director is responsible for leading a team of three Specialists who coordinate packaging for over 3800 individual SKUs annually for Home and Footwear business units.
- Manages the communication and creative development of home and footwear brand packaging. Has a working understanding of product development, merchant objectives, and outstanding creative as it applies to the packaging.
- Works with Design and merchant leadership in order to manage the packaging creative development process. This includes directing the logo and packaging design, the standards for packaging templates, formats and graphics and how to apply these graphics to packaging.
- Reviews processes to determine efficiencies, priorities and to shift and manage workload between specialists and creative team.
- Develops and oversees Design initiatives, strategies and time and action plans needed to achieve on time packaging delivery.
- Leads the execution of updated packaging within each program along with the Packaging Leadership Team. Keeps all private brand packaging on par or better than national brands.
- Understands role as Key Communicator on all projects and able to work with higher-level management in merchant, supply chain, and operational support businesses.
- Negotiates and executes contracts with various third party resources, including vendors and their suppliers, to ensure corporate and departmental priorities are met.
- Provides appropriate training and development to staff and ensure team members are provided with timely feedback on job performance throughout the year.
- Establishes and communicates Brand and Trim Packaging and Production Team performance/progress toward stated goals and objectives to company executives and the senior management team.
- Creates, owns and executes vendor fee assessment process to fund/support global activities.
- Oversees a team of specialists that will execute the packaging and communicate with vendors, merchants, suppliers, sourcing, technical design and design.
- Keeps abreast of all packaging material trends to assure our packaging is current.
- Works closely with the photo studio building partnerships with the photographers and stylists assuring they understand the vision and position of each brand.
- Interfaces with General Merchandise Managers (GMM’s), Divisional Merchandise Managers (DMM’s), Buyers and product development understanding key packaging initiatives and how that relates to product strategies
- Works closely with legal department to assure all appropriate trademarks, copy, name searches and legal information is correctly stated.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 10 years of relevant business experience.
- Ability to drive high-level strategic initiatives for the packaging team focused on saving time, money and energy.
- Has good knowledge of all types of packaging and understands design application to various elements.
- Has working knowledge of product safety, performance, quality assurance, compliance, security and supply chain support
- Able to shift management style to think strategically, theoretically and task management.
- Understand the interaction with cross function teams such as IT, Store Ops, legal, Sourcing and Merchandising to be able to build initiatives.
- Ability to lead a cross function team, write SOW and business requirements.
- Ability to clearly communicate packaging requirements through development and design sessions as well as training sessions.
- Train, monitor, and execute initiative and business plans
- Develop reporting and tracking tools to drive high level initiatives.
- Own new process implementation, partnering with Procurement, IT, legal, suppliers, agencies, and SHC leadership.
Years Experience: 10 – 15 Years Experience
Preferred Minimum Education: Bachelors Level Degree
Travel Requirements: On Occasion (Less than 5%)
Location Address 1: 3333 BEVERLY ROAD
Location Address 2: CORPORATE OFFICES
Location City: Hoffman Estates
Location State: IL
Location Postal Code: 60179
Country: United States