Job Number: 13-022914
Post Date: 06/24/2013
Positions Available: 1
Operating Company: Food Lion
Full/Part Time Status: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt (Salary)
Location: Store #65055 – Salisbury
Address: 2110 Executive Drive
The Manager, Promotions and Private Brand Marketing is responsible for strategy marketing and measurement of all Food Lion corporate promotions and sponsorship as well as marketing programs to support growth and expansion of the Private Brand portfolio for Food Lion, LLC banners. This includes developing mass promotional programs, brand awareness programs, retail activation and targeted marketing programs that will build consumer awareness, drive retail sales and trips and increase trial and sales of Private Brand products among consumers and Associates. This job requires a full understanding of all marketing delivery vehicles, ability to work cross functionally with other departments including Category and Merchandising and the skill set to lead the goal setting and measurement of all promotional activity.
- Design, develop and implement all corporate promotions in support of marketing and corporate strategies.
- Ensure flawless execution of all promotions at retail. Includes working with internal department, CPG vendors, outside agencies and consultants.
- Responsible for ensuring that all promotions are effectively communicated to the target customer through integrated marketing communications plans that may include print, flyer, TV, radio, collateral, point of sale materials, public/community relations and digital marketing.
- Identify and manage the portfolio and retail activation of all corporate sponsorships and events.
- Creates and implements strategic marketing plan for all Private Brand marketing activities for Food Lion, LLC.
- Acts as principal Banner Marketing Liaison with the Delhaize America Private Brand organization to understand group priorities and develop and execute banner marketing plans accordingly (e.g. new brand launches, best practice sharing, etc.).
- Develops overall marketing budget to support strategic marketing plan. Responsible for the day-to-day management of the marketing budget and reconciliation by accounting period. Tracks expenses as part of project management process.
- Manages all Private Brand marketing project process flow and communications with key internal groups including: Corporate Promotions, CRM, Regional Sales and Marketing, Advertising, Internal and External Communications and other groups as needed. Ongoing strategic thought partner with respective groups.
- Create and manage all Associate Education and Advocacy programs.
- Provide post-program analysis and reporting on all measurable marketing programs.
- Responsible for the procurement of vendor (CPG and private brand) funding to subsidize select Private Brand programs.
- Previous experience in retail, brand, and/or product marketing that includes demonstrated results in developing strategies and programs to drive retail sales.
- Experience with various forms of media (TV, Radio, Print, OOH, and Digital) and targeted marketing (CRM).
- Experience in project directing work teams or Ad Agencies.
- Experience with in-store marketing and POS / Communication development.
- Experience in shopper marketing including utilizing insights and quantitative analysis to measure program performance and to inform planning and decision-making.
- Experience in developing and managing budgets.
- 8 – 10+ years experience.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- MBA preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Creative and strategic thinking and decision-making.
- Collaborative and cross-functional work style ability.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Must be able to troubleshoot issues and make decisions.
- Ability to develop high level strategy and translate into actionable marketing tactics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational / prioritization skills.