Walgreens, Manager Product Specifications Private Brands
Job Location: Northbrook, IL
Job Number: 011846
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Ensures quality and safety of Walgreens Private Brand products via leadership of the Specifications group. Leads acquisition, review and approval of all Private Brands product specifications as submitted by vendors or laboratories. Manages data integrity, archiving policies and procedures. Supervises Specifications staff.
- Defines and maintains policies with regards to Private Brand product specifications. Manages all resources associated with SpecCheck system, provider service agreement, staffing (internal and contractors), departmental budget and process flow.
- Maintains the system to deliver comprehensive product specifications and a technical document control system. Ensure enhancements and fixes are implemented as needed.
- Ensures specifications are developed for all national, regional and Direct Store Purchase products.
- Controls standardized forms and systems for facilitating vendor information input. Manages all vendor communications relating to product specifications
- Oversees development of final specifications based upon detailed information provided by the Product Manager and obtains final specification approval signatures from vendor and internal departments prior to initial production of each product.
- Develops Master Supplier database to include vendor physical information and product specific data capable of generating unique lists for Market queries Example: kosher, gluten free products, allergen specific lists.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3 years experience working with specifications or product descriptions in retail, manufacturing, or technical environment
- At least 2 years experience with managing compliance documents in a consumer goods environment.
- At least 2 years experience managing projects (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Willing to travel at least 5% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Packaging, Quality, Electronics, Engineering.
- At least 2 years experience with technical data management.
- At least 2 years experience managing vendor compliance.
- Experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
Experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
Requisition ID 011846