The Home and Garden Private Label team is looking for a talented, smart and entrepreneurial Product Manager to join our team. Private brands are a fast-growing category focused on delivering a rich assortment of product offerings of high quality and value to the Amazon customer. Joining Amazon’s Private Label team means partnering with a dynamic and creative group of talented people who set a high bar for innovation and success in a fast-paced and changing environment.
The Product Manager will manage a number of private label subcategories under our portfolio of Strathwood and Pinzon brands. You will be responsible for driving top and bottom line growth, developing products of high quality, negotiating competitive costs, driving brand awareness, customer loyalty and traffic. In addition, you will be responsible for managing projects, streamlining internal processes while working with our overseas suppliers to build world-class products. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail and a high level of flexibility and commitment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with sourcing products, product development, brand management and managing vendor relationships
- Strong negotiation skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented, data driven, self-starting, and comfortable with business software
- Exhibit sound business judgment, ability to influence others, and strong financial and analytical thinking skills
- Demonstrate ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Develop and manage subcategories branded under Strathwood and Pinzon. Maintain the P&L and develop annual and quarterly category strategic plans by conducting a financial analysis of the business
- Develop high quality and innovative products that meet the needs of the Amazon customer
- Drive day-to-day relationships with certified Private Label suppliers both domestically and worldwide. Maximize the top-line results of these relationships by ensuring our certified suppliers are delivering competitive prices, supporting manageable MOQ levels and inventory flow and ensuring quality and compliance standards are being met
- Develop marketing strategies, feature requests, and processes to drive brand awareness and sales