Location: Trader Joe’s Office Monrovia, CA
Senior Director of Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs
We’re looking for a results-focused, talented and innovative Quality Assurance leader to join our Crew! The Senior Director of Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs oversees and manages Vendor quality assurance as well as Store-level food quality and food safety systems for compliance with regulatory requirements. This is no run-of-the-mill QA job! In this newly created senior-level role you’ll lead a team of QA professionals to meet corporate risk management goals in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
What a difference.
Hawaiian shirts to work? Definitely more comfortable than a business suit. And that’ll be your dress code at Trader Joe’s. Say goodbye to the same old, same old. Say hi to Trader Joe’s. Your favorite neighborhood grocery store, born in Southern California and now operating over 350 stores in 35 states. We’re growing like crazy and we need a dynamic QA leader to help us lead the way.
Bring on the adventure.
To begin your journey and lead our Quality Assurance team we want you to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in food technology, food science, or related.
- 10 plus years closely -related experience in Quality Assurance
- Extensive regulatory background with U.S. Food and Drug Administration or State Department of Public Health.
To get the job done right, you will:
- Ensure vendors are in compliance with Trader Joe’s Minimum Vendor Requirements and related instructions to vendors and TJ’s internal food handling operations effectively support food safety, food quality, regulatory compliance and risk management goals on an on-going basis.
- Manage private label vendor and TJ’s food handling operations to ensure effective systems for compliance verification exist.
- Develop and implement ongoing internal food handling and private label facilities GMP and food safety systems third party audit program.
- Function as recall coordinator for the TJ’s organization, with effective internal (TJ’s recall team) and external (vendor, regulatory) communications to ensure effective regulatory compliance while minimizing exposure of the company.
- Effective lead internal TJ’s QA teams at warehouse, and warehouse internal food handling (assembly/cheese cutting) operations.
- Effectively manage customer compliant systems and lead internal QA in continuous improvement objectives.
- Initiate appropriate corrective action when non-conformances occur.
- Lead a team to write and lead implementation of related company policies for compliance and enforcement of GMP regulations.
- Ensure necessary documentation is complete, accurate and properly stored.
- Conduct training as necessary.
- Interact with management team to communicate functional department needs and provide recommendations for addressing non-conformances.
- Recommend measures to improve quality of product and quality systems.
- Work with management team to identify and resolve problems.
- Communicate with customers, regulators and other stakeholders of Trader Joe’s as necessary.
- Liaison with the FDA, USDA and the State Departments of Health.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for all QA-related trends, regulations and legislation (both existing as well as proposed). Gets ahead of changes and makes the necessary adjustments to processes and training to ensure proactive compliance.
- Direct appropriate laboratory testing.
- Other related duties as assigned or deemed necessary.
We expect a lot. But we give a lot too.
Trader Joe’s offers medical, dental and vision coverage to eligible Crew Members. We also have an amazing retirement plan (you’ve got to ask us about it!), paid time off plan and a fabulous 10% Crew Member discount on everything in our store. (Yes, you get 10% off our already amazing prices!).
We can’t wait to meet you.
We get a lot of resumes, and to help us recruit the right person, we really want to get to know you better. So, to help us do that, please use our online application process (select “Office Crew” in the job search category). You’ll be asked to input your work and salary history and upload a resume and cover letter. When creating your cover letter, please answer these important questions:
- What makes you uniquely qualified for this position?
- Why are you interested in working for Trader Joe’s?
All candidates should receive an auto-reply confirming receipt of their application materials. Candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted personally, typically within four weeks.
Thanks for listening.