Requisition ID: 186665BR
Job Function: Engineering/Quality
Employment Category: Regular, Full-time
State: Illinois (IL)
State or Province/City: Hoffman Estates
Post Code: 60179
Post Date: 06/06/2013
Business Unit: Corporate
Store: 58490: Sears Roebuck & Co.
The Director, Product Management is responsible for the planning and implementation of all product activities for the Kenmore, brand in order to ensure product remains competitive in the marketplace from a performance, price and quality perspective. Responsible for long-range and short-range product planning, developing product assortments, coordinating distribution/stock allocation activities, determines mix of merchandise by distribution channel, and researches areas for new products.
The position is responsible for leading product and merchandising activities for the brand. This position partners closely with the Brand Management, Design, Engineering, and Channel teams to develop and execute their business category plans.
- Build product leadership strategies for the brand that support the brand vision. Keeps abreast of important consumer and industry trends (technological, social, economic, demographics) that impact the business or organization
- Drives the product innovation process for the brand. Provides strategic input to sourcing, engineering and design from conception to implementation.
- Executes the launch of new products into the brand assortment.
- Leads successful implementation of merchandising strategies in order to attain revenue, gross profit and gross margin objectives
- Understands consumer value proposition and competitive differentiation and brings that to life through assortments tailored by customer
- Leads product growth opportunities and exit strategies based on business financials, consumer and industry trends, and market penetration strategies
Vendor / Supplier Management
- Manages a vendor matrix that builds profitable assortments that meet customer needs.
- Establishes and maintains effective vendor relationships and works with vendors on a routine basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year college; MBA preferred
- 10+ years related experience – either in marketing, consumer-oriented product development, or merchandising.
- History of strong sales and margin performance.
- Experience in business turn around situations.
- Served as a leader over large teams – direct reports and cross-functional teams.
Role specific abilities/skills
- Strong understanding of the retail industry and the product development process
- Strong financial acumen and analytic skills
- Strong leadership skills- creates high performance teams
- Strong communication skills – through various methods and with various levels of the organization
- Influencing skills – aligns others against strategic objectives