Elk Grove Village, Illinois based Topco Associates announced today its annual Corporate Brand Marketing Award winners – each of which has shown a true commitment to promoting Topco brands.
“I want to congratulate these members for their top-notch marketing efforts,” said Glenn Backus, Topco Senior Vice President, Center Store Program Management and Innovation. “They have shown leadership by showcasing corporate brands in a variety of innovative ways. Their effective marketing campaigns highlight the quality and value that each of these brands provide to shoppers.”
Topco’s Corporate Brand Marketing award recipients are:
- Best-in-Class Value Merchandising Award: Bi-Lo Holdings – Winn-Dixie brought the Clear Value brand to life as its opening-price-point solution through effective wall-of-value merchandising.
- Best-in-Class Merchandising Award: Brookshire Grocery Co. – Brookshire’s demonstrated its commitment to growing its store brand water program through a great summer promotion that included free 15-packs for associates, a buy-one-get-one-for-a-penny special offer, in-store coupons, cross promotions, direct truckload deliveries to stores and special displays.
- Best-in-Class Brand Merchandising Award: Hy-Vee, Inc. – Hy-Vee launched the b∙lēve premium beauty care brand in June 2012 with creative and dramatic in-store merchandising. Hy-Vee held a major kick-off with store management teams, developed a special sample launch kit and branded the beauty care department as b∙lēve in its flagship store in Urbandale, Iowa.
- Best-in-Class Introduction Award: Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc. – Roundy’s introduced the natural and/or organic Full Circle brand in its Mariano’s stores, using attention-grabbing in-store displays, product demonstrations, full-page print ads and Roundy’s associate education.
- Best-in-Class Marketing Award: Tops Friendly Markets – Tops, using a mix of introductory ads, store banners and shelf talkers, aggressively promoted its new Valu Time offerings, resulting in an impressive increase in unit and dollar sales.
- Best-in-Class Category Merchandising Award: United Supermarkets – United has reimagined its baby aisle and consumers have responded, resulting in significant GM and diaper unit sales increases. United has made baby a destination category.
- Best-in-Class Community Service Award: Bi-Lo Holdings – Through its PAWS “Feed the Love” pet food drive, BI-LO to date has donated more than 85 tons of pet food to local food banks while also driving sales and building PAWS brand equity. Feed the Love is one of BI-LO’s most successful programs.
Members received their awards at Topco’s Center Store Sales & Merchandising Conference, which was held May 20 to 22 at the Renaissance Convention Center in Schaumburg, Ill. More than 1,100 attendees, including representatives from 48 members and over 170 supplier companies, participated in the major private label event. Topco and its vendor partners showcased a wealth of Health and Beauty Care, General Merchandise, Grocery, Frozen, Dairy/Bakery and Pharmacy offerings to help drive sales for association members.
During the show, Topco also honored its top supplier partners for their great work in support of Topco and its members. Each of the following companies received a Supplier Award of Excellence:
- Dairy: Grassland Dairy Products, Inc.
- Frozen: Echo Lake Foods
- GM: Pet Factory
- Health & Beauty Care: Mueller Sports Medicine, Inc.
- Grocery: Massimo Zanetti Beverage USA
- Grocery Non-Foods: Reynolds Consumer Products Inc.
- Pharmacy: PRS Pharmacy Services
- Quality Assurance: Bay Valley Foods, LLC