Family Dollar – Private Brand Marketing & Promotions Manager
The Manager, Marketing and Promotions develops the cross-category approach to marketing and promoting our Private Brands to achieve key brand launch and brand building objectives. The role will support the Private Brand team by collaborating closely with Merchandising Teams, Marketing (including Digital/Social media, Print media, in-store Promotional Planning), Public Relations, Visual Merchandising, and 3rd party Service Pråçoviders. Core activities encompass establishing and coordinating execution of brand launch plans and annual brand marketing plans.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop cross-category new brand launch plans and annual marketing plans for each of our Private Brands that articulate the brand objectives and encompass all advertising, promotional and PR plans.
- Partner with Customer Research, Marketing, Merchandising and other Private Brand Team Members to develop marketing messages for applicable vehicles.
- Ensure private brand objectives are met in the promotional planning process.
- Create and manage project budgets.
- Develop in-market tests for new marketing and promotional approaches.
- Partner with Merchandising to develop promotional offers that achieve merchandising sales goals and work within markdown budget constraints.
- Understand how competitors are marketing and promoting their private brands.
- Track and report outcomes of in-market tests and chain-wide marketing and promotional activities, incorporate learnings into future brand plans.
- Partner with Visual Merchandising to ensure Private Brand product placement is consistent with the brand strategy.
- Manage 1 direct report.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education: Bachelors degree required, preferably in marketing or related field
Experience: 3-5 years marketing, brand management, merchandising, and or promotional planning experience. Retail experience preferred.
Technical Skills: Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office desktop applications, inclusive of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Effective oral and written communication
- Project management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong relationship building and intradepartmental collaboration skills
- Understanding of classical brand management approaches
Primary Location: NC-Charlotte
Job Level: Manager
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years)
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Background Check Required: Yes
Drug Screen Required: Yes