Southern Seasons – Corporate Director of New Product Development
Chapel Hill, NC
Southern Season, Inc. is immediately seeking a Corporate Director of New Product Development.
Responsible for corporate planning, oversight, and execution of the product development process for Southern Season, Inc. private label line, proprietary products, identifying new product trends and expanding vendor networks. Position reports directly to the President/CEO.
- Creating development strategy working with merchandising team to develop product category and plan execution
- Establishing and maintaining product development standards
- Identifying product category, concept and item level development opportunities
- Partnering with creative, marketing and merchandising teams to develop and enhance the branding of all private label and proprietary products
- Expanding product development vendor networks
- Attending trade shows and conducting competitive research
- Partnering with merchandising team to increase product margins, new item flow and product success rate
Education / Experience:
- Ideal candidate will have 10+ years of retail and/or direct marketing product selection and development experience, ideally in the specialty food category. A four-year college degree with excellent communications and advanced computer skills required.
Please visit the career opportunity page on our website at www.southernseason.com to complete an online application which will allow you to attach a resume if you so choose.