Kenmore, the Sears Private Brand that first made its mark on sewing machines in 1913, has become stitched into the fabric of American life. For a century, the Kenmore brand has been tested for living, from helping whip up birthday cakes to making post-party cleanup less work. With an eye toward the future and the benefit of 100 years of product and consumer history, the Kenmore brand announces new product innovations that meet today’s life challenges.
“This is a momentous milestone for the Kenmore brand. We are proud that for 100 years, so many customers have put their trust in the Kenmore brand to be part of their homes and lives,” said Michael Castleman, president, Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, senior vice president Sears Holdings. “With every generation comes new challenges in home life. Our focus at Kenmore is to continually offer the right innovative solutions that enable our members and customers to get more out of their lives.”
History of Innovation Over the past 100 years, the Kenmore brand has evolved through technology, style and the specific needs of every generation. Yet, one constant remains – all Kenmore products offer keys to more living such as greater convenience, better performance and time saved. The Kenmore brand history of innovation includes:
- 1929: unveiled the Gyrator, the first wringer washer that could clean clothes in three to seven minutes
- 1950s and 1960s: brought to market the first washer and dryer combination and a pre-soak cycle, respectively
- 1980s: first to release a major refrigerator innovation – hiding coils to allow refrigerators to be pushed back against a wall
- 2010: launched Kenmore Connect customer service technology enabling select Kenmore and Kenmore Elite washers and dryers to “talk” directly to service experts via phone to diagnose problems prior to sending a technician to the home
- 2012: delivered the industry-first Grab-n-Go™ door-in-door French door refrigerator
Beyond appliances, the brand has also focused on bolstering online properties to serve its customers before and after purchase. Via cookmore.com, Kenmore customers have access to shareable content, deals, rewards and tips.
Kenmore Today: Get More Space for Every Space In 2013, the Kenmore brand is launching a suite of home appliances that continue the brand’s tradition of innovating on what matters most. Kenmore launches a 33 cubic foot French door refrigerator and 30 cubic foot side-by-side refrigerator that offer the biggest capacity optionever from the Kenmore brand delivering “more space for every space” in their respective footprints. In addition, the new Kenmore Elitedishwasher line up promises to clean dishes right the first time thanks to 360° PowerWash and Turbozone technologies. Finally, the Kenmore brand continues to focus on doing chores faster and easier with its new Elite Front load washer and dryer that can clean and completely dry an entire king size comforter and bedding in one load and get it done up to 35% faster with the innovative Accela-Wash feature.