Pleasanton, California based grocer Safeway has opened voting for the Eighth Annual Lucerne The Art of Dairy contest. Talented student finalists brought this years theme “ImaginDairy” to life on life-size fiberglass cows and are one step closer to the Grand Prize of $20,000 for their school’s art department. “ImaginDairy Places” is all about taking imagination to the next level and re-imagining the world made entirely of dairy. Voting for the top design will take place through May 17th at www.artofdairy.com.
This year’s finalists are:
- Rachel R., Sehome High School, Bellingham, WA.
- Yul J., La Veta High School, La Veta, CO
- Sierra N., Sandy High School, Sandy, OR
- Kayla A., Northwest Christian School, Phoenix, AZ
- Gissella M., Weber Institute, Stockton, CA
- Melissa P., Tinley Park High School, Tinley Park, IL
- Riley K., Loudoun Valley High School, Purcellville, VA
- Nhung (Julie) L., South Grand Prairie High School, Grand Prairie, TX
- Hagen A., Northwest Career and Technical Academy, Las Vegas, NV
Safeway is encouraging voting by giving away Safeway gift cards, every 100,000th voter will receive a $100 Safeway gift card, through 1 million votes. As of today there have been 494,814 votes cast. Consumers may enter to win by participating in the “Lucerne Little Tweet. Big Treat.” contest and by tweeting a picture of their favorite Lucerne product with the hashtag #artofdairy for a chance to win one of 10 $100 gift cards.