The Senior Category Merchandiser oversees all areas of functional and strategic category management and related customer activities (e.g., Retail Format Teams, vendor negotiations) that pertain to his/her assigned categories. Additionally, this person is responsible for the supervision, training and development of the assigned staff.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Retail Format Team Lead (this includes providing direction for the team, coordinating weekly conference calls and promotions with vendors and staff, and emceeing the trimester RFT meetings.)
- Speed to Shelf Oversight.
- Plan-O-Gram Oversight.
- Vendor/Customer/Retailer Issue Resolution.
- Strategic Customer Relationship Building and Maintenance.
- Strategic Marketing Program and Plan Development.
- Financial Planning on Proforma with Business Analysis.
- Planning and Presentation for Semiannual Activity Based Sell.
- Profit and Loss (P&L) Statement Review and Budgeting.
- Building and Maintaining Relationships with Top 25 Key Retailers.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Five (5) years Category Management experience, with proven performance using Category Management tools (e.g., Spectre Daata, Syndicated Data Sources and SUPERVALU Category Management applications).
- Proven supervision experience, including familiarity with Performance Management processes.
- Proven understanding of financial reports, including prior experience with profit and loss (P&L) statement responsibility.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Possess good leadership skills and the ability to supervise the work of others. Must be able to motivate and work with and through others to achieve desires results.
- Requires the analytical ability to handle administrative duties and mental alertness to ensure accurate, safe, and thorough completion of work activities. Possess ability to concentrate and deal with frequent interruptions.
Job #: 16597
Primary Location: Wisconsin-Pleasant Prairie
Why Work for Supervalu?
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the nation, we know that bright, motivated people are the reason for our success. Because of our associates, we’ve been providing the best service to our customers for more than 135 years. We encourage FRESH thinking, offer an environment of inclusion and support, and set no boundaries on your achievement!