Packaging Project Manager – REI Private Brands
Job Type: Full Time
Job #: HQ6827
Department / Store: PRIVATE BRANDS
The Packaging Project Manager contributes to REI’s success by utilizing project management principles to plan for and manage to successful completion multiple, creative-related activities associated to the design and development of Private Brands’ packaging, collateral, and marketing projects. Support of Private Brands’ communications and product collection strategies. The role works closely with Brand Management team and will serve as the liaison to Marketing, Sourcing, Operations, and the REI Asia staff for particular project-specific matters. Manages the processes and communications necessary to deliver projects on time, within scope and budget parameters. Must understand business objectives and priorities and leverages that knowledge to provide guidance and structure to the annual project and resource planning process. Leads and/or contributes to ongoing business process improvement efforts to drive efficiency and effectiveness. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
The programs supported can include, but are not limited to: Packaging, Hangtags, Collateral, In-Store Marketing Materials, Email, Public Affairs, Media, and various Marketing projects as needed. Will also manage all timelines for packaging, collateral, and marketing, communicate to all Brand Management stakeholders and cross-divisional partner, manage relationships for direct/outsource product development schedules, develop and maintain dashboards for project progress, and reports production schedule needs.
- Provides project management support for a portfolio of high exposure, multi-channel projects for packaging and marketing that supports annual seasonal product development communication strategies of approximately +$300MM in sales for Private Brands.
- Accountable for providing end-to-end project management support for multiple high priority print, digital, and web projects from up-front strategic partnership and planning to project execution and project closure.
- Acts as key liaison with partners such as Marketing, Creative Design Agencies, Packaging Suppliers, and Media agencies in the management of project timelines, dependencies, requirements, and deliverables to ensure project quality and success.
- Accountable for the successful delivery of projects that are on time, and within approved scope and budget parameters.
- Leads and supports the annual project and resource planning process by partnering with program/business owners to capture and prioritize projects, associated scope, and timing.
- Assesses resource capacity, and partners with resource managers to resolve capacity concerns.
- Helps lead/influence project teams to build capacity and capability to support emerging/changing business needs through process innovation.
- Mitigates project risk by proactively partnering with program/business owners to ensure project requirements are known and received prior to project kick-off.
- Provides recommendations and solutions to mitigate risks and resolve issues.
- Schedules and facilitates regularly occurring cross-divisional project team meetings with internal and external partners to kick projects off, provide status updates, mitigate risk, and resolve issues.
- Uses sound business savvy skills to make quick decisions under pressure in ambiguous circumstances.
- Future leverage of AtTask Work Management tool to:
- Plan, schedule, monitor and close out multiple concurrent small to large print, digital, and web-based projects
- Centrally house access to all project documentation and communication
- Lead/support tool projects focused on driving efficiency and effectiveness through leveraging tool capabilities
- Analyze project data to inform and influence program/business partner decisions
- Leads and/or contributes to continuous business process improvement efforts to help streamline and standardize workflow, communication, and resource efficiencies utilizing established process improvement techniques and methodologies.
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the “100 Best Places to Work” list since the award’s inception – 16 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With 127 stores in 31 states, REI offers unique benefits to its more than 11,000 employees, including an excellent total compensation package, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals, healthcare coverage for full- and part-time employees, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoption assistance and paid sabbaticals after 15 years of service.
- Bachelor’s degree in packaging engineering, marketing, project management, preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years experience concurrently managing multiple small to large, cross-divisional, print, digital, and/or web projects in a fast-paced project development based department.
- 3-5 years experience in leading, developing, and influencing processes that drive efficiency and effectiveness.
- 3-5 years experience providing end-to-end project management support, with demonstrated ability to straddle big picture strategy and project level tactics.
- Proven ability to proactively identify risks, resolve issues, and remove impediments that jeopardize project success.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Project Management principles, technology and process methodology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Proficiency in MS Project (or comparable Project Management software), MS Word, MS Excel, Adobe Acrobat.
- Working knowledge of Visio, Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Skilled and fluent in print, digital, and web environments.
- Proven ability to find innovative solutions to problems that demonstrate responsiveness to supporting emerging and/or evolving business needs.
- Actively participate, collaborate, and lead with others on one’s own team and cross divisionally for the achievement of business goals.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
- Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
- Builds and fosters relationships with multiple partners both inside and outside the organization.
- Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
Flexible in one’s viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.