Delhaize America, Director of Core Brands
Charlotte, North Carolina Area
Job Title: Director of Core Brands
Job Location: Salisbury
Strategically lead core brands including its portfolio and equity with a focus on growing the base business and working with the innovation team to take the portfolio to the next level. The Brand Manager is a member of the “Our Brands” board and a Senior Manager/Leader of Delhaize America.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead development and articulation of portfolio and brand strategies for my essentials including growth targets, and profit delivery.
- Fully accountable and overall responsible for the brand P&Ls.
- Lead growth, on both top and bottom line, in close conjunction with the banner and the category teams.
- Lead the development of brand positioning and develop a vision, long-term strategy, 3-year plan and innovation road map for “Our Brands” in conjunction with Category and Innovation and Product Development teams.
- Supervise the execution of these plans – with focus on existing business and short-term vision.
- Serve as “the keeper of the brand”, supporting and maintaining brand equity of the existing brand and products and ensure that activities are consistent with portfolio of brand equity across the banners.
- Give final “Go” on new products that are accretive to “my essentials” and work with category and brand teams to identify products for sku rationalization as needed.
- Overall package approval (driving portfolio and banner links on “look and feel”).
- Owns understanding of target consumer for their brands.
- Identify consumer research needs for products and “Our Brands” with eye to improving the existing business and portfolio of products.
- Work with Innovation Manager to develop and drive 3-year road map (category identification, idea filtering, etc.) and annual planning process.
- Work with design team to develop and guide evolution brand standards.
- Directly influence banner marketing strategies and tactics to ensure brand uniformity across the banners.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Marketing from a four-year college or university.
- 10 years of related brand marketing experience including: Experience in the consumer packaged goods industry
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) Degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience managing the P&L
- Experience in leading teams through innovation/new products process towards successfully launching multiple new products each year
- Experience in managing outside and/or inside agencies, media budgets and developing TV and Print campaigns
- Retail or category management experience a plus
Delhaize America is a leading supermarket operator in the United States with more than 1,600 stores in 16 states in the eastern United States. Delhaize America operates under the banners Bottom Dollar Food, Food Lion, Harveys, Hannaford Supermarkets, Reid’s and Sweetbay, each of which has a distinct strategy and a well-established brand image. Through its multiple banners, Delhaize America is able to target the needs and requirements of specific markets, customize its product and service offerings and maintain strong brand recognition with its local customers. Delhaize America employs approximately 109,000 full-time and part-time associates.
Posted: April 4, 2013
Functions: Marketing, Strategy/Planning
Industries: Retail, Marketing and Advertising, Consumer Goods
Job ID: 5308669