Supervalu, Manager, Quality Assurance – Private Brands – 16075
Responsible for managing Supervalu’s Private Brands products in the areas of Safety compliance, Plant Audits, Quality Assurance programs and initiatives that will ensure regulatory compliance.
This position will work closely with the Private Brands team in the areas of new product development, vendor performance evaluations, product quality measurements, and customer responses across the hundreds of corporate brand suppliers and thousands of corporate brand products.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Embrace and support the Private Brands mission and quality objectives to maximize quality and corporate brand image with manufacturers, procurement functions, and customers.
- Partner with the Private Brands team to drive the Quality Assurance effort and quality components of all corporate branded items, including product specifications, new product development, manufacturing performance, new vendor evaluation and selection, and issue identification and resolution.
- Manage private brands laboratory operations, and third party labs when required, to develop and maintain accurate, timely information. Compile and present information related to product quality and vendor performance to produce results of increased quality and vendor performance, working closely with Private Brands staff.
- Investigate product quality and compliance issues (i.e. tampering, adulteration, mislabeling, etc.) that impact private brand products as they develop and are reported by the media, customers, suppliers or regulatory officials. Work with procurement and operations management to identify and plan any corrective actions necessary. Assist media relations in developing relevant, clear communications. Provide technical assistance to the legal department as required.
- Manage the private brand consumer response department to ensure timely and accurate customer service support. Provide all necessary information to allow accurate, timely communications with customers in the event of a product recall, quality deficiency, or other defect. Maintain records of customer complaints for vendor performance ratings, financial compensation, and other actions required to protect company interests.
- Actively evaluate Private Brand vendor performance using metrics developed from plant audits, lot set asides, customer complaints, product cuttings, product recalls, and other performance indicators as necessary. Maintain a database of vendor performance. Participate with Corporate Brand teams in the maintenance of vendor scoring based on these and other performance metrics.
- Work in close coordination with the Director of Supply Chain and Fresh Merchandising Food Safety to assure food safety and quality assurance needs are met for the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Public Health, or related field from an accredited university.
- 10+ years experience in food manufacturing or food retailing quality assurance programs.
- Experience with interpreting state and federal regulations, and maintaining working relationships with regulatory officials.
- Experience with sensory evaluation of food products
- Familiarity with microbiological techniques, and the interpretation of scientific data and literature.
- Familiarity with statistical sampling techniques and manufacturing performance indicators.
- Up to 25% of time may be spent traveling.
Why Work for Supervalu?
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailer in the nation, we know that bright, motivated people are the reason for our success. Because of our associates, we’ve been providing the best service to our customers for more than 135 years.
We encourage FRESH thinking, offer an environment of inclusion and support, and set no boundaries on your achievement!