Unified Grocers – Manager, Corporate Brands
Manager, Corporate Brands
Unified Grocers’ headquarters is seeking a strategic, sales driven, marketing savvy leader to manage our Southern CA Corporate brands!
This is unique opportunity for an experienced negotiator and grocery retail expert. Position works with limited supervision and assumes full program and product development and procurement/sales responsibilities for Unified’s private labels. Position also oversees itemization, pricing, promotions, and replenishment of products to meet customer needs and profitability objectives. The strategic manager will monitor costs for all products procured with/through all sources (i.e., SCAL Special Value, Western Family, etc.) and will work closely with branded procurement team to resolve assortment and replenishment issues.
- One to two years of college with courses in business, marketing, or a closely related field
- In the absence of one to two years of college, four to six years of directly related work experience can be substituted
- Five to six years prior retail/wholesale experience including four or more years in the purchasing, pricing, and inventory control of assigned product line(s)
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of branded products with an emphasis on assigned product line(s)
- Knowledge of company operations including available products, pricing and promotion programs, and members/retailers
- Demonstrated proficiency with personal computers and associated business software (MS-Word and Excel preferred)
- Analytical and problem solving skills demonstrated by the review of vendor/supplier proposals, evaluation of available competitive information, and selection of best alternatives
- Negotiation skills are also required
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with member/retailers and sales staff
- Detail oriented with the ability to prepare, review, and evaluate purchase contracts and associated documents
Unified Grocers (“Unified”) is the largest retailer-owned wholesale grocery cooperative in the western United States. Unified offers independent retailers all the resources they need to compete in today’s supermarket industry.
Unified offers an excellent Total Rewards package, including excellent base compensation and an extensive employee benefit program that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401K plan, company-paid retirement plan, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, vacation/sick pay and much more!
Company: Unified Grocers
Base Pay: N/A
Employee Type: Full-Time
Industry: Grocery & Pharmacy, Food, Sales – Marketing
Manage Others: Not Specified
Job Type: Marketing, Sales, Purchasing – Procurement
Required Education: 2 Year Degree
Required Experience: At least 4 year(s)
Required Travel: Not Specified
Relocation Covered: Not Specified
Reference ID: Not Available
Location: Orange County, CA
Contact: Not Available
Phone: Not Available
Email: Not Available
We are a proud EEO, M/F/D/V employer.