Req ID: 69883BR
Business Area: CVS Caremark
Location: RI – Woonsocket
Job Category: Merchandising
Clinical Licensure Required : N/A
Job Type: Full Time
If you are passionate about innovation and helping people on their path to better health then bring your talents and innovative ideas to a Fortune 18 company with over 7,300 retail stores. CVS Caremark excels in delivering an unmatched breadth of health care capabilities across all of our businesses. The Director, Store Brands GM and Consumables role offers the opportunity to strategically influence the success of our retail stores by leading and managing assigned merchandise categories along with the associated P&L.
The Director, Store Brands GM and Consumables has the full scope of responsibility for attaining budgeted Store Brand sales, penetration, and gross margin, and building market share within his/her categories. This role oversees the Store Brands offerings in general merchandise and consumables. Our merchandising team is currently seeking best-in-class talent with fresh ideas, new perspectives and a desire to make a real difference in one’s career.
- Deliver Store Brand sales, penetration, and margin goals in assigned categories, managing to financial objectives within Store Brand and category P&Ls.
- Lead and manage a team of Store Brand Product Development Managers and Category Managers.
- Collaborate, interview and negotiate extensively with manufacturers and vendors to ensure product development, placement, and strategy that drive sales and profitability.
- Develop and implement category-level plans (i.e., new product growth, SKU rationalization, merchandising planning, and targeted promotions/marketing plans that are well-integrated with the CVS ExtraCare loyalty program, and weekly/seasonal/annual promotional programs) to realize short term and long term business goals .
- Partner and collaborate internally with a team of CVS professionals in Category Management, Brand Management, Inventory, Pricing, Promotion, Finance, Store Design and Store Operations.
- Maintain a strong understanding of current competition; as well as search out new competitive opportunities.
Willingness to travel 5-10%.
- 5+ years experience in a retail or consumer goods organization in an analytical, merchandising, category management, store brand or buying position.
- Strong working knowledge of retail math concepts and demonstrated application.
- Proven ability to implement strategies and use negotiation tactics to grow sales.
- Experience managing a team of high-performing individuals.
- Technical experience in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; some Access or other database knowledge.
- Ability to anticipate new business opportunities and challenges and drive long-term strategies while maintaining a focus on shorter-term objectives.
- Ability to challenge self and the organization to seek and promote leading edge solutions; create new opportunities and be the market-maker.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively and effectively with colleagues throughout the company and skillfully persuade others to support important initiatives and gain alignment with our strategy and goals.
- Ability to manage via influence and to balance business objectives with the sometimes-disparate needs of other stakeholders.
- Executive presence; ability to present information articulately and persuasively to the highest levels of the organization.
Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
CVS Caremark, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day.
As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.