- Develops integrated customer focused marketing programs that effectively support Food Lion’s short and long term business and marketing objectives and priorities. This entails building strong collaborative relationships within marketing as well as with other departments including research, customer insights, merchandising, and retail operations. Also provides direction and leverages marketing department resources.
- Responsible for the development of the annual marketing plan and development, rationalization, and management of the related department budget.
- Develops the commercial plan for the banner and co-marketing activities.
- Oversees private brand marketing and sponsorships.
- Collaborates with and supports the Directors of CRM, Brand Communications, Retail Marketing and Digital in fulfillment of Food Lion brand strategy and department goals.
- Supports VP/Marketing in department management and leadership within the Food Lion family.
Leads the marketing plan development process.
- Leads, manages and develops a team of associates in roles supporting Food Lion’s strategic marketing and brand building efforts.
- Establishes priorities and effectively allocates and focuses marketing resources to maximize impact consistent with business and brand goals and objectives.
- Continually monitors, evaluates and reports on results of marketing programs in the context of marketplace and competitive dynamics and appropriately modifies strategies and programs based on these factors.
- Works in collaboration with Customer Insights, Business Analytics and Consumer research to monitor consumer attitudes and opinions to better understand the status of Food Lion’s brand equity and position relative to competitors.
- Works in conjunction with Category and Merchandising on the development and execution of co-marketing programs.
- Develops Food Lion consumer promotions and events to drive sales and support corporate initiatives.
- Evaluates, recommends and oversees the execution of Food Lion corporate sponsorships.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Significant experience and proven success developing and executing comprehensive, integrated consumer targeted marketing programs and campaigns
- Ten or more years experience in marketing strategy leadership role
- Experience and demonstrated success in both the “art and science” of building brand equity at all levels of an organization
- Proven ability to successfully lead, inspire and influence a team of associate with cross functional responsibilities
- Ability to focus simultaneously on strategic and tactical issues
- Experience and success in developing others
- Ability to think critically, problem solve and manage conflict
Job Number: 13-004650
Post Date: 03/06/2013
Operating Company: Food Lion
Full/Part Time Status: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt (Salary)
Location: Customer Support Center
Address: Customer Support Center
Job Location: Salisbury, NC