Job ID: 184865
Posted Date: 3/1/2013
Company: Amazon Services, LLC
Position Category: Product Management
The Private Brands team is looking for a highly motivated, analytical and entrepreneurial Product Development Director to join our team to launch new high quality products at a value to our global customers. The Product Development Director has full ownership over the product development planning and process, including the determination of category specific brand product portfolios to the post-launch management of the product portfolio.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for delivering high quality products to customers. This candidate will possess strong product development technical skills, strong process development and project management skills, strong financial acumen, solid software skills, high degree of ownership and integrity, a high attention to detail, excellent communication skills, an ability to drive consensus across multiple stakeholders and be a great team player.
The Product Manager’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Managing the entire physical product life cycle from strategic activities to tactical implementation including product portfolio idea generation based on market trends and customer needs analysis. Additionally, the role requires process development, operational planning and understanding of comprehensive financial analysis to support forecasting /inventory investments.
- Launching new products by having full ownership of product development and operational activities to deliver high quality products globally at a customer value. Developing the global product road map for the Private Brands program and working closely with both domestic and international key stakeholders.
- Partnering closely with cross functional teams including, operations, product compliance, social accountability, transportation, global suppliers, and legal to deliver on brand equity, net revenue, and customer satisfaction.
- Facilitating approval process with patent, regulatory and legal
- Developing a thorough understanding of the market segment, seasonality and global trends/events, and continually monitoring competitor and new technologies/standards.
- 10+ years of Hardlines product development experience.
- Experience in developing and managing products, utilizing consumer usage, attitudes, needs and wants for product development direction.
- Experience gathering requirements including business case development, functional product development, and technical expertise.
- Knowledge of product development and life-cycle management process.
- Demonstrated success in applying organizational prioritization and increasing organizational efficiencies. Experience in creating processes for managing multiple workflows.
- Exceptional judgment and integrity.
- Experience with primary product development as well as reverse engineering existing products
- 10-15+ years in a Product Development organization across multiple Hardlines categories
- Experience in leading the deployment and adoption of project management tools such as Agile
- Experience in other Hardlines including automotive, sporting goods, home, garden, and tools a plus.