During four delicious days, festival goers relaxed seaside for an event showcasing the talents of world-renowned chefs and culinary personalities. With plenty of wine and spirits to go around, the food-focused haven is always a highlight of the Miami social scene.
Minneapolis based retailer Target hosted one of the spiciest nights during the festival, with a 1950s Havana-inspired fiesta to celebrate a love of Latin culture and cuisine.
Hosted by celeb chef Ingrid Hoffmann, guests enjoyed an evening of traditional delicacies, libations and fare from Emilio Estefan‘s local eatery, Larios.
But what is dinner without a show? In between meals and memory making, Univision’s Mira Quien Baila dancers taught Salsa moves to the animated crowd. Take a look!
If you missed the festival, you don’t have to miss out on all the fun! Below, Ingrid shares her mouthwatering menu of Cuban Croque Señor and Easy Shrimp and Scallop Paella. Each recipe is made exclusively with Target’s Archer Farms Private Brand products, including Archer Farms French Demi Baguette, Archer Farms Wild Caught Sea Scallops and Archer Farms Spiral-sliced Honey Ham. Dig in!
What You’ll Need:
1 jar Archer Farms Jalapeño Stuffed Queen Olives, drained
1/2 cup Archer Farms Thompson Raisins
1 tbsp. minced onion
1/3 cup Archer Farms Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 loaf Archer Farms Take and Bake Baguette, baked as directed
4 tbsp. mayonnaise
4 tsp. Archer Farms Brew Masters Mustard
8 slices Archer Farms Spiral-Sliced Honey Ham, warmed
8 thin slices roasted pork loin, warmed
8 slices Swiss cheese
1 tbsp. butter
What You’ll Do:
- Place olives, raisins and onion in bowl of food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped. Add oil and vinegar; pulse until combined. Tapenade may be made up to two days ahead and refrigerated.
- Cut baguette into fourths; split each for sandwiches. Spread one side of each fourth with 1 tbsp. mayonnaise; spread other side with 1 tsp. mustard. Layer ham, pork and cheese on one side; spread each with 2 tbsp. olive relish. Top with remaining bread.
- Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Place 2 sandwiches in skillet; press down with bottom of heavy skillet or heatproof plate. Toast about 3 minutes until golden brown; flip and press again. Cook about 3 minutes longer until golden brown and warm through. Repeat with remaining sandwiches. Serve warm!
What You’ll Need:
3 tbsp. Archer Farms Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp. Archer Farms Onion Powder
1 tsp. Archer Farms Garlic Powder
1 tsp. Archer Farms Smoked Paprika
1 tsp. Archer Farms Spanish Saffron
1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 cup frozen Archer Farms Extra Fine Green Beans, broken
1 pkg. Archer Farms Italian Chicken Sausage, cut into ½-inch slices
1 (32-oz.) carton chicken broth
1 cup water
2 cups Archer Farms Basmati Rice
1/3 cup Archer Farms Roasted Tomato and Chipotle Picante-Style Salsa
3 Tbsp. tomato paste
1 (1-lb.) pkg. frozen Archer Farms Raw Key West Pink Large Shrimp
1 (1-lb.) pkg. Archer Farms Sea Scallops, thawed
Salt and pepper
1/3 cup chopped Italian parsley
What You’ll Do:
- In stockpot, heat oil on medium-high heat. Add seasonings, bell peppers, green beans and sausage. Cook, stirring frequently, about 6 minutes until vegetables are tender and sausage is browned.
- Meanwhile, heat broth and water in medium saucepan on high until boiling.
- Stir rice, salsa and tomato paste into sausage mixture; cook 3 minutes longer. Add 1/2 cup boiling broth, stirring constantly until broth is mostly absorbed. Repeat with broth until gone. Reduce heat. Cover; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. If paella becomes dry, stir in up to 1 additional cup hot broth or water.
- Stir in scallops and shrimp. Re-cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, 10 to 15 minutes longer until seafood is cooked and rice is tender. Season to taste. Garnish with parsley and lemon.
Photos by Mitchell Zachs / AP Images for Target
SOURCE: A Bullseye View