Develop, implement and manage strategies to profitably grow sales of Private and Signature Brands; work closely with the sales team to promote brand products and train sales team in the benefits of the brand products and responding to needs that customers have identified with brand products
- Lead the division in helping to identify Exclusive Brand (EB) opportunities and holding people accountable for acting against such opportunities, quantifying and recording EB profit potential for each identified opportunity; support and drive Center-driven EB initiatives
- Manage Private and Signature Brands product placements into division and recommend additions, deletions and changes to stocked product lines
- Direct Brands’ presentations and allocation of resources for customer presentations, food shows, sales meetings, sales training and other events
- Establish programs with purchasing and marketing to increase profitable sales; track and assess performance by brand
- Gather results on a period basis, consolidating information from all assigned tasks; submit monthly updates, with potential gap closers to the executive management team, and participate in regional calls to discuss progress towards objectives and to share best practices for success
- Using reports provided, review Brand Void Matrix within Region to identify opportunities for increased sales opportunities, prioritize conversion opportunities for division, and identify and address training development opportunities for the sales team
- Manage Broker and Vendor network of suppliers
Education/Training: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
A minimum of five years foodservice sales, marketing or purchasing experience and some experience in direct selling of signature and private brands required. A minimum of two years of supervisory experience preferred.
Strong verbal and oral communication skills, presentation and promotional skills, good organizational and time management skills are required; must be able to use various software programs for presentation, tracking, etc.
Location: Detroit, MI 48201
Employee Type : Full-Time
Manages Others: Not Specified
Job Type: Management
Experience: Not Specified
Travel: Up to 50%
Post Date: 2/25/2013
Ref ID: 13000695