Product Manager Beauty Private Brands
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Responsible for overall Private Brands Beauty Own and Exclusive Brands Division sales and profit development through category, market, and trend knowledge and application. To make recommendation to meet and exceed Company, Division, and individual targets for Sales and Profit through working with key stakeholders throughout the Company. Manage several diverse categories simultaneously.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Set targets for sales and gross profit for assigned categories. Works with Category Managers to meet established sales, profit and private brand penetration goals.
- Defines specification and ensures supplier compliance.
- Develop assigned categories; stays abreast of category trends and market changes
- Maintains knowledge of competition and applies information as necessary to grow sales and profit
- Planning and Forecasting: know how to forecast demand for both short term and long term sales; must have a solid understanding of logistics and the effect on store and warehouse fill rates, inventory, and shelf life, and the results these areas have on Company profitability.
- Work with manufacturers and suppliers to develop a strategic relationship to reduce costs, increase product and packaging innovation, improve profitability; and meet Corporate requirements on service. Knows the entire supply chain cycle “from farm to fork” and how it affects product costs, product availability; sales, and profitability.
- Develops assigned categories through product innovation, reformulation, new products and packaging ideas.
- Develops brand strategy and build the brand to meet Corporate, Division, and individual targets and objectives.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 4 years experience in Merchandising, Product Development, Marketing, or Supply Chain OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 7 years experience in Merchandising, Product Development, Marketing or Supply Chain.
- Experience with related financial modeling and analysis.
- Experience using retail data such as Nielsen or IRI.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Experience collaborating with internal resources and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Knowledge of retail store merchandising including placement and promotion.
- Knowledge of logistics and the effect on store and warehouse fill rates, inventory, and shelf life, and the results these areas have on Company profitability.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
Knowledge and experience in private brands, CPG, or retail.
Job Location: Northbrook, IL
Product Manager, Beauty Private Brands (Job Number: 010070)