Senior Manager – Brand Management & Business Analytics, Private Brands
The Private Brands team already has hundreds of products from consumer electronics accessories to bedding, bath, and outdoor furniture. Our brands are sold across the globe, delivering quality at a value to our customers. We are seeking a highly capable leader to expand our business and lead Private Brands into new categories and segments worldwide. The Senior Manager will have responsibility for defining the equity of our brands and the categories and items, which will be housed within those brands. Additionally, s/he will be spearheading the overall strategic direction for the acceleration of the Private Brands business. This position reports into the Director & General Manager, Private Brands.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for start-ups, the ability to deal with ambiguity and the experience in influencing others, coupled with a successful track record of launching new brands. Additionally, s/he will have experience in foreseeing business opportunity from analyzing marketplace data and setting goals and strategies for consumer-facing brands. This candidate will have very high standards, the ability to motivate and develop people and be a passionate consumer advocate. S/he will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and be able to influence and drive consensus across multiple stakeholder groups. This candidate will have impeccable judgment and solid strategic thinking.
The Senior Manager’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Leading the continued expansion of the brand portfolio range and determining category-specific goals, strategies and product inclusion to deliver the desired brand equity for each brand.
- Managing both top and bottom line P&L results by developing marketing strategies to increase brand awareness and purchase conversion, behind marketing and pricing strategies that drive traffic, revenue, margin and platform loyalty.
- Conducting regular business and product line reviews with key stakeholders.
- Developing a thorough understanding of the market segments, seasonality and global trends/events, and continually monitoring competitor and new technologies/standards.
- Being Private Brands’ interface with Vendor Managers to ensure understanding and alignment to respective teams’ business needs, and identify and align specific category goals and product categories for expansion.
- 7 to 10 years of business management with P&L responsibilities
- Brand management experience across multiple categories
- Proven success at building new brands in highly competitive environments
- Strong e-commerce understanding
- Exceptional judgment and integrity
- Hires, trains and develops great people.
- International business experience a plus
- Experience in Hardlines including consumer electronics, small appliances, automotive, sporting goods, home, garden, and tools