The Brand Manager, Private Label for Hardlines, is responsible for developing the Hardlines Private label business including product selection, marketing and strategic planning for the brand.
- Analyze current Gander Mountain Hardlines owned brands and develop strategic plans to grow the business.
- Use strategic plans to lead the development of new owned brand Hardlines products; maximizing new business opportunities and identify trends and risks.
- Work cross functionally with Product Managers, Product Development and Marketing to develop and implement brand communication plans including pricing, promotions, marketing and product placement.
- Create packaging strategy and lead packaging development from creative through regulatory and legal approvals.
- Understand and react to changing market trends in order to assure a competitive advantage.
- Use all available channels to assure proactive communication with the Stores and Base Camp teams.
- Other duties as assigned
Education/Years of Experience: BA/BS in Merchandising, Business or other related fields; with 7+ years of retail product management and merchandising experience.
- A combination of Retail Hardlines Product Management, Product Development and Marketing experience required.
- Proven creative talents to source and develop new products and drive owned brand strategies to success are required.
- Strong analytical and financial skills along with proven negation skills.
- Demonstrated organizing and prioritizing skills, attention to detail, and initiative in completing tasks.
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and written, clearly and concisely and interact effectively at all levels and across the organization.
- Experience in assessing customers, markets, and industry trends
Job ID: 15959
# Positions: 1
Location: US-MN-St Paul (Base Camp)
Experience (Years): 7
Posted Date: 2/8/2013
Category: 916-Product Development – Brand Manager Private Label Hardlines
Apply for job online here