OfficeMax is a leader in both business-to-business and retail office products, including office supplies, paper, technology products and services, and furniture. Unprecedented customer service and unrivaled innovation make OfficeMax the one to beat in the office products marketplace. With over $8 billion in sales, over 40,000 associates and almost 1,000 superstores, 25,000 products, and a range of business services, OfficeMax focuses on all office products from consumers to small/middle-size organizations to multinational corporations.
Location: 263 Shuman, Naperville, IL 60563
Employee Type: Full-Time
Manages Others: Not Specified
Job Type: Marketing
Req’d Education: 4-Year Degree
Req’d Experience: 5 to greater than 15 years
Req’d Travel: Negligible
Relocation Covered: Not Specified
Reference ID: Not Available
CANDIDATES WHO ARE NOT BASED IN CHICAGO WILL BE CONSIDERED BUT NO RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE
This is a new role based in our Corporate Headquarter in Naperville IL. This individual will drive revenue within B2B and B2C; specially creating the go to market strategy for OfficeMax Brand Toner and Ink. We are focusing on a re-launch of a key office product. We are targeting someone to oversee category expansion. In addition to creating the new sales plan, this individual will oversee the rewards web site designed to increase cartridge recycling. The ideal individual will have excellent Project Management skills and a background in account management. A combined perspective of B2B and B2B is also necessary.
The Manager, Marketing is responsible for providing strategic direction in the development of marketing plans for an assigned business segment specialization (Contract: acquisitions, retention and growth, vertical markets; Category: supplies, technology, furniture, services; Retail; online: search, customer experience/interactive, e-mail; Category: supplies, technology, furniture, and private label brands; Services: print and document services marketing, managed print services, business services, IT support services, and new and emerging services; Loyalty: loyalty programs; Direct: acquisition, retention and growth). Responsibilities include providing day-to-day leadership to the assigned marketing team, establishing and maintaining relationships, and providing marketing expertise to the channel business teams and category business owners/managers. This position develops, executes, and measures marketing plans for the assigned segment encompassing all marketing efforts.
Position Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
- Partner with business leaders to understand the business objectives for their respective segment/category and collaborate in the development of marketing plans to achieve business goals.
- Work with all areas in the assigned business segment to implement plans and processes to ensure synergy of business goals among these areas.
- Provide leadership to the marketing teams that develop and execute strategy and marketing initiatives to support business objectives. Support partner advantage initiatives. Establish and maintain relationships with internal resources and external vendors selected for marketing events/programs.
- Provide strategic direction in assigned business segment for marketing promotions, campaigns and events. Manage national and local promotions to ensure execution and implementation. Interact as needed with key suppliers to coordinate program support.
- Work closely with sales force leadership, operations, and merchandising to assure communication and education of marketing plans and related promotional strategies and events. Work functionally with all internal businesses (retail and contract) as well as category segment managers to deliver effective and synergetic business solutions.
- Establish success metrics for all initiatives and work with customer insight to analyze results and make recommendations for future efforts.
- Remain current on industry trends, standards, and practices to better identify needs and analyze and report trends of outside factors influencing our business to make recommendations to improve.
- Evaluate ideas from and provide direction to Brand Strategy supportive efforts.
- Manage cross-functional team meeting and participate in agency meetings.
- Select, develop, and evaluate staff to ensure the efficient operation of the department.
- Demonstrate a commitment to OfficeMax core values.
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary
- Minimum 8 years experience, of which a minimum of 5 years marketing and advertising experience
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Additional Information:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic, planning and analytical skills
- Leadership, team building, and collaboration skills
- Organization and project management skills
- Travel 10-20%