The Manager, Packaging Design position will lead a team of creative agency partners that will be responsible for the design direction and execution of all private label packaging across The Home Depot enterprise. Responsibilities include initiating, planning, executing and controlling packaging design projects to deliver departmental strategic objectives. Major tasks in this assignment include development of creative development processes, project management of seasonal programs and consistent interpretation of brand creative direction across multiple brands. This position will also be responsible for coordinating timelines for project deliverables across numerous Merchants at the same time. Communication, prioritization and organization are key skills needed to accomplish this multi-tasking position. As a member of the Brand Development team, this position is also crucial to the integrity of delivering the brand’s promise and customer experience through packaging design and copy.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 40% Partner with key business partners to execute and manage packaging design development
- 30% Project management to ensure timelines are met
- 20% Manage a pool of creative agencies effectively
- 10% Consistently benchmark brand creative vs. competitors to ensure creative treatments represent current brand positioning
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to the Sr Manager, Brand or the DMM Product Development
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must pass the Drug Test.
- Must pass the Background Check.
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE – 5
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Prior experience in creative packaging design
- Knowledge of advertising agency structure
- Computer skills to create design direction and mechanical executions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge or experience with creative packaging design
- Cross-functional multi-project management
- Packaging process operations/development
Date Posted: Jan 17, 2013
Functional Area: Merchandising
Company: The Home Depot
Position Type: Full-Time
Relocation Provided: No
Location: Atlanta, Georgia