Due to unforeseen circumstances the event has had to be postponed. The new dates, profile and venue will be announced at a later date.
This year I will once again present at the Own Label Show & Conference, which will be held at the Hotel IBIS in Earls Court, London, February 13th and 14th. In addition to meeting with international industry professionals to talk about private brands on a one-on-one basis, I’ll be presenting about the dramatic changes we’ve seen in the US market over the past few years:
Private Brands in the US: What is there to learn?
Private brand penetration in the US has long lagged behind Europe, however, with the economic turmoil of the last few years, retailers have refocused their efforts on their own brands and dramatic progress has been made. This challenging session will present emerging private brand trends in North America including innovation, brand portfolio strategy, private brand corporate hiring, and private brand sales in alternate channels.
The event remains the ONLY one focused specifically on the UK own label market, and will bring together retailers, manufacturers and 40+ exhibitors from across the world. Last year’s attendees included Tesco, Waitrose, Morrisons, Lidl and Sainsburys, among many others.
With the re-vamped content-driven focus of the conference, both the British Retail Consortium and the Packaging Federation have partnered with organizers to develop and present a groundbreaking event. The conference will include:
More high-profile speakers – you will hear from the best the UK own label sector has to offer, ensuring you take away tangible advice to manage better Private Brands.
- Jonathan Smith, Managing Director, Axis Management Consulting
- Edward Garner, Communications Director, Kantar Worldpanel
- David Brackston, Technical Director – Food, British Retail Consortium (BRC)
- Professor Rob Holdway, Giraffe Innovation
- Brett Barcelona, President & GM Corporate Development & Retail Services, Daymon Worldwide
- Steve Osborn, Business Innovation Manager, Leatherhead Food Research
- Christopher Durham, President, My Private Brand
- Tim Eales, Strategic Insight Director, SymphonyIRI Group UK
- Brian Young, Director General, British Frozen Food Federation (BFFF)
- Martyn Drake, Director, Binley Drake Consulting
- Elizabeth Morgan, Director, Innoweaver Consulting
- Fabrizio D’Alete, Departmental Research Analyst, Euromonitor International Ltd.
- Shea Bennett, Social Media Strategies, SCS Marketing
- John Figgins, Technical Specialist Food, British Retail Consortium
- Mark Broughton, Planning Director, Life Agency
- Dave Hill, Founder & Managing Director, NPD Works
- Melissa Addey, Manufacturing Adviser, Manufacturing Advisory Service
- Rita Manso, Head of International Marketing for Brand and Strategy Insights, Daymon Worldwide
More networking – meet with hundreds of senior decision-makers from the UK Private Brand industry to share your learning’s and discuss best practices.
More interactivity – a wide variety of interactive sessions including keynotes, panels, and round table discussions over two action-packed days – allowing attendees to share ideas and see what it takes to become the best.
Enhanced content – the event addresses the key issues, challenges and success stories of the industry.
Please join me in London for this must attend event. I will be in London February 11th – 15th and would love to meet, have a beer, walk some stores and learn more about Private Brand in the UK; email me to set up a meeting at Christopher@mypbrand.com.