Job Title: Director of Private Brand Sales
Reports to: Vice President Retail and Non-Grocery Sales
Status: Full Time
Requisition ID: 3169
Status: Full Time
Location: Corporate HQ
This position is accountable for the direct growth of Private Branded sales through a network of Private Label food brokers as well as direct customer relationships. This position focuses on achieving sales volume, revenue and profit goals as well as market share targets through developing and executing business plans, business development, product management, and ensuring effective coverage of territories in support of the organizations objectives. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Manage Regional Managers
- Work with & supervise sales efforts
- Strong leadership and management skills, must be able to lead effective teams and manage multiple priorities
- Train and develop sales managers
- Design and implement sales plans in order to meet or exceed agreed upon sales volume objectives
- Establish seasonal promotions and insure sales manager execution
- Use Promotional planners
- Work closely with internal departments (Marketing, Product Development, Finance, Sales Ops, Supply Chain, and Purchasing) to ensure sufficient communication of sales information.
- Assist where necessary in customer deductions to insure balances stay current.
- Develops and maintains communication in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers.
- Compiles and analyzes competitive sales information and recommends actions pertaining to new product development, product improvement, marketing, pricing, and distribution.
- Maintain close working relationships with Sales Assistants, Customer Service, and Marketing to insure good communication of Sales strategy and tactics
- Utilize internal operating systems (Data Tracker, BPCS) to develop and maintain various sales reports needed on a weekly and monthly basis to manage the business
- Identify new products
- Develops and implements an effective strategic sales and marketing plan in support of organizational strategy and objectives. Accountable for annual growth goals.
- Identify and gather competitive intelligence and communicate to the appropriate departments
- Insure proper representation of Red Gold in each market
- Work with brokers in market
- Evaluate, select, and manage key broker relationships
- Preparation and maintenance of sales budgets & broker quotas
- Manage inventories to budget needs
- Stays abreast of current trends and market condition
Education and Training
- 4 year degree in Business or related field
- Master’s degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must possess strong negotiation skills and a high level of diplomacy skills to be able to defuse stressful situations
- Must be committed to company values – must solve problems collaboratively, take ownership of function, act with resolve and tenacity in achieving Company objectives and be an engaged and detail-oriented leader
- Must possess strong analytical expertise in understanding issues and their consequences
- Must be capable of delivering impactful presentations in front of groups of varying sizes and management levels
- Must be proficient with computer applications such as Microsoft Office
- At least 10 years relevant experience in positions of increasing responsibility, including several years’ experience with P + L responsibility
- Strong private label experience, preferably as a private label sales or marketing executive
- Experience in beverage or food highly preferred
Direct: Directly supervises the National Sales Managers and Regional Sales Managers within the sales and business development teams. Carry out supervisory responsibilities within the guidelines of the organizations policies and procedures. Supervisory responsibilities include, but are not limited to, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
3 – National Sales Managers
7- Regional Sales Managers and
3 – Sales Assistants
- Customer Service
- Creativity and Innovation
- Strategic Thinking
- Cost Consciousness
- Oral and Written Communication
- Planning and Organizing
- Flexible Leadership
- Objective Judgment and Decision Making
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Savvy
- Visionary Leadership
PHYSICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Requires individual to be based out of Elwood, IN corporate office when not traveling on business
- Able to travel via car or plane for presentations & sales calls. Up to 50% domestic travel.
- Able to work over 50 hours per week and work frequent weekend