OfficeMax – Director, Brand Quality
OfficeMax Incorporated (NYSE: OMX) is a leader in both business-to- business office products solutions and retail office products. The OfficeMax mission is simple. We help our customers do their best work. The company provides office supplies and paper, in-store print and document services through OfficeMax ImPress#, technology products and solutions, and furniture to consumers and to large, medium and small businesses. OfficeMax customers are served by approximately 35,000 associates through direct sales, catalogs, e-commerce and more than 900 stores. OfficeMax is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and uses E-Verify to determine the eligibility of employees to work in the US.
Project: Naperville, IL, US, 60563
The Director, Brand Quality is responsible for providing direction and is accountable for maintaining the highest level of brand integrity and standards of quality for OfficeMax branded products worldwide, including product categories of general office products, stationary, paper, furniture, metals and electrical and writing instruments. This position is also responsible for overseeing worldwide offshore and domestic supplier performance and compliance enforcement to meet stringent manufacturing specifications as well as social and environmental responsibilities. Position Responsibilities /
- Develop and execute vision for industry leading worldwide private branded product quality by conceptualizing, implementing, and managing the planning, control, and improvement strategies to ensure that both the quality of internal stakeholder and customer requirements are exceeded.
- Lead development of global company sanctioned quality assurance and supplier performance programs by establishing detailed product performance specifications, metrics and quality measurement systems.
- Develop scorecard on supplier performance and compliance enforcement, both offshore and domestic.
- Oversee team responsible for reporting, resolving, and proactively enhancing private brand product quality, including continuous quality improvement processes.
- Drive development of the corporate policies for testing materials, prototypes, pre-production samples for manufacturing process assessment and implementation and production hand-off.
- Develop broad, yet deep, field-testing programs that provide meaningful and detailed feedback for continuous product development and manufacturing process improvement.
- Design, assess, and implement tests on the mechanical, physical and performance criteria and product properties as well as those in the raw materials and product construction and finished product analysis.
- Oversee quality audits, develops audit plans, third party audits and the preparation of audit reports.
- Assure maintenance to existing merchandising line improvement includes problem resolution, corrective action notification, implementation, and completion.
- Determine and execute Production Engineering change orders and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Demonstrate a commitment to OfficeMax core values.
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Education, Certification & Licenses:
- This position requires knowledge of product development, quality, and merchandising concepts acquired through formal education or 2 – 3 years on-the-job application. Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technical field.
- MBA a plus
- American Society of Quality Certification (ASQ) preferred
- Certified Quality Auditor Certification (CQA) preferred
- Nationally or Internationally recognized certification for Auditing Experience:
- Minimum 10 years experience leading and managing, engineering, product development or quality initiatives.
- Experience with Asian, Near Eastern, and Western Hemisphere OEM suppliers a plus Computer Skills:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Project
- Ability to connect with a diverse/multi-cultural team and inspires them to perform at their best
- Ability to travel internationally for extended periods of time, up to 30%, mostly international.
- Must possess a high degree of integrity and acts with a high level of personal and professional ethical standard
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Detail oriented, with strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage domestic and international relationships
- Problem solving abilities and a knowledge of product design, performance, features and functionality required
- Project management skills
- Foreign language skills, preferably multi-lingual with languages that reflect the internationally anticipated audit and testing including but not limited to English,Spanish, Mandarin, French, etc.
- Knowledge of product manufacturing, product procurement and the supply chain required
- In depth knowledge and experience of quality control / assurance processes and procedures
- Working knowledge of ISO and other international standards
- Strong understanding of continuous improvement methodologies
- Experience in a wide variety of product applications and testing
Employment Status: Full-time
Start Date: 01/08/2013
Reference Code: EX0000093069