At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our over 7,800 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, on-site clinics, specialty pharmacies and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to grow your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Responsible for creating and executing both long term and short term Beauty Brand strategies; demonstrating a strong sense of leadership; working across divisional lines to set corporate standards on both the Walgreens and Alliance Boots owned and exclusive Brand proposition; and creating an end-to-end execution plan for bringing exclusive and owned Alliance Boots beauty and personal care brands to Walgreens. Responsible for managing the P&L for the Beauty and Personal Care Own Brand business. Responsible for tracking Beauty Brand results, analyzing those results, monitoring key competitive, consumer, and corporate performance indices and communicating any issues or opportunities to the appropriate party.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Collaborates with GMMs to develop 2-3 year Beauty Brand visions. Identifies new partnerships and product development in beauty and personal care.
- Leads all branding/packaging changes as aligned with strategy and in partnership with Brand Owners where relevant.
- Conducts quantitative and statistical economic analytics to identify Beauty Branding initiatives across categories.
- Collaborates with Marketing to develop 2-3 year Beauty Brand strategies.
- Establishes and ensures Beauty Brand standards across categories.
- Identifies innovative Beauty Brand solutions for key categories.
- Negotiates and implements international supplier partnerships and vendor management programs.
- Manage and resolve logistics and supply chain issues.
- Develops and mentors staff, develops employees through orientation, training establishing objectives, communication policies, constructive discipline; builds employee morale, and motivation.
- Ensures focus on and/or attainment of performance metrics including progress against business group strategic plans, ROI, Net Margin improvement, new product sales, days inventory on hand, departmental efficiency, 360 degree feedback, attainment of special project goals; improvement on areas development and strategic planning process cycle time improvements.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 10 years experience in strategic sourcing or brand management.
- Experience in establishing Brand standards, and growing Brand profitably through innovation, marketing and store execution.
- Experience in innovation, sourcing and merchandising across several different product categories
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative consumer and competitor insights to craft Private Brand solutions across categories
- Experience in Beauty brand ideation, retail, manufacturing/sourcing, operations management, and/or supply chain
- Knowledge of advanced financial modeling and advanced marketing
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Master’s Degree / MBA
- Experience in brand management of global brands.
- At least 5 years experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 5 years experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
- Willing to travel at least 50% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state and internationally).
Director, Beauty Own Brands (Job Number: 009419)