There’s a way. Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Anywhere you go, you’ll find supportive co-workers, a positive environment and the tools you need to pursue your interests, grow your skills and advance your career.
With over 7,500 locations in all 50 states and Puerto Rico, we’re much more than your neighborhood drug store. We’re a company of IT professionals, accountants, nurses, pharmacists, retail store staff and more. And each one of us shares common goals – to take our careers further and to expand our position as America’s most convenient provider of consumer goods and services, and pharmacy, health and wellness services.
Director, Finance: Merchandising, Private Brands
At Walgreens, we help people Get, Stay and Live Well, At the Corner of Happy & Healthy. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our over 7,800 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, on-site clinics, specialty pharmacies and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to grow your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Join our Finance Team and make an impact at Walgreens!
We offer an exciting Director of Finance opportunity in strategic partnership and support of our Merchandising, Private Brand initiatives. As Finance Professionals, we drive results by providing the financial acumen and expertise necessary to enable sound decision-making practices while striving to optimize ROI, profit and aggressive growth.
Come and advance your career at Walgreens and be a part of a customer-focused, growing Fortune 50 company. You will be surrounded by industry-leading talent while working in an organization that values innovation, quality and evidence-based decision making.
The preferred candidate will have professional experience providing business-unit finance support within a large corporate setting. Desired experience includes areas such as; financial modeling, financial analysis (ROIC, NPV, IRR, etc.), budgeting and forecasting.
Directly leads and supports Finance of Merchandising. Works in partnership with Merchandise leadership and is responsible for a number of areas such as development of financial forecasts, providing subject matter expertise and guidance regarding finance related decisions and facilitates development of long range plans, work plans and timelines. Manages a team of financial analyst/staff to deliver forecasts and analytics.
- Develops monthly and quarterly financial forecasts.
- Provides subject matter expertise and guidance regarding all financial forecasts (sales and gross profit) for Merchandising.
- Provides guidance and counsel in development of long range plans involving strategy development, resource allocation, work plans and timelines and financial outcomes for Merchandising.
- Develops financial models, forecasts, proposals, presentations and performance measures to provide confidence to executives regarding financial decisions.
- Oversees Financial and/or other support staff as necessary for department operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 7 years of experience in finance and/or accounting.
- Experience participating or leading financial forecasting, budgeting, and financial model development processes.
- Experience developing justifications for capital expenditures.
- Experience with GAAP and financial statement analysis.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- At least 4 years experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 3 years experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel up to 5% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Certification in Public Accounting as granted by state Accounting Board.
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using AVERAGE function, merging and centering cells, printing centered page and/or creating a pivot table).
- At least 3 years of experience participating or leading financial forecasting, budgeting, financial model development processes.