Director, Daily Living Marketing-Private Brands (Job Number: 008925)
The Director Private Brand Marketing is responsible for building the equity of our Private Brands, ensuring that we develop brands and programs that build loyalty and ultimately increase sales and market share. Develops long-term brand strategies and drives the business by leading and implementing marketing campaigns.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Responsible for developing long term brand strategies for all current and future brands within our portfolio, while aligning closely with our corporate brand strategies.
- Responsible for building and managing annual budgets inclusive of brand design and management, marketing and promotional support, loyalty and PR
- Responsible for the ongoing management and selection of external design agencies ensuring a strong alignment against brand objectives and financial returns
- Serves as the liaison between Corporate Marketing and the Private Brand organization to ensure that strategies and priorities are aligned
- Participate in all Private Brand leadership staff meetings, strategy sessions, planning sessions and quarterly new product development meetings
- Serves as a key leader in process improvements around all aspects of artwork/packaging design to ensure “best in class” process and speed to market. Explore and recommend different approaches to handle costs/fees to ensure a transparent relationship with Private Brand vendors.
- Leads and collaborates with other marketing functions to develop strong and differentiated Private Brand marketing campaigns through advertising, print media, social media, etc.
- Lead the development and publication of the bi-annual Happy & Healthy magazine, working across divisions to optimize the selection of products, magazine creative and in-store promotional package
- Aligns with any external partnerships/not for profit endorsements that are tied to brands, ensuring uphold our own brand integrity
- Lead and actively participate in the quarterly Private Brand Governance Board meetings with focus on full executive alignment regarding brand strategies, artwork development and marketing support
- Supply and present insights, development or results when necessary to support current or future programs or strategies.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 10 years experience in Marketing.
- At least 5 years experience developing strategy initiatives, managing marketing program budgets, and project management.
- At least 3 years experience in direct-to-consumer or business-to-business marketing acquisition or customer retention experience.
- At least 2 years experience in customer segmentation experience.
- Experience with collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies, evaluating information to determine compliance, developing and delivering presentations, providing customer service.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- At least 5 years experience directly managing people including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- At least 5 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Master’s Degree / MBA
At least 8 years experience in strategic marketing or product marketing preferably in Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Retail, or Private Brand marketing.APPLY TODAY!