The nation’s #1 arts and crafts retailer owns and operates more than a 1,100 Michaels Stores canvassing the US and Canada. Michaels sells more than 40,000 products including art and hobby supplies, décor, frames, needlecraft kits, party supplies, seasonal products, and silk and dried flowers. Michaels also operates about 155 Aaron Brothers stores in Texas and 10 other states, which provide framing and art supplies. The retailer’s Artistree subsidiary manufactures frames and molding for Michaels and Aaron Brothers stores. Michaels Stores was taken private in 2006 by the investment firms Bain Capital Partners, LLC, and The Blackstone Group.
Manager, Quality Assurance(Retail/Product)
Req. # : S.12.14
Organizational Unit: Michaels / Sourcing / Quality Assurance
Location: Irving, TX, US 75063
Job Level: Corp-Manager
Basic Function: The position will develop, direct and execute a category specific quality strategy that assures product quality and regulatory compliance.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Support Product Development – Collaborate with internal partners to proactively assure development of quality and compliant products (25% of Time).
- Product Testing – Develop and maintain test protocols; coordinate test strategies with suppliers and labs; review test results and resolve issues; monitor compliance reports to assure that all products are tested. (25% of Time).
- Packaging Approval – Review and approve product packaging for appropriate warnings and regulatory compliance (10% of Time).
- Inspections – Manage product inspection plans, review results and resolve issues (10% of Time).
- Issue Resolution – Collaborate with internal partners to investigate quality, safety, compliance or other product issues; determine root cause(s) and formulate appropriate response (10% of Time).
- Product Designation – Review new products to determine testing and compliance requirements and enter designations into appropriate systems (10% of Time).
- International Travel – Work with suppliers, agents and network partners (10% of Time).
- 5 years total industry experience with a minimum of 2 years in related quality assurance and/or regulatory compliance.
- Private brand, CPG and/or specialty retail experience is a plus.
- Bachelors Degree
- Physical or Biological Science, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Business or Related Field