Stop& Shop, Giant, Martin’s
Department Name: BRAND MGMT
Job Status: Full-Time
Recruiter: LYN MARTIN
The purpose of this position is threefold:
- First, to define the brand strategy for the Ahold USA retail brands, and translate the strategy to sub-brands for important sub-divisions/departments/categories. Build a strategy roadmap that defines which strategic initiatives the company will pursue, how, and when, in order to deliver all of the brand pillars, over time.
- Second, to create and manage all aspects of the brand identity: logo, design system, voice, brand guidelines, etc.
- Third, to create and manage a consistent, branded customer experience inside the store, including: all design aspects of the format including decor, associate engagement, all signs, merchandising/visual design, demos/sampling, and all uses of the brand identity (logo and design system) throughout the store. This function is vital to ensuring the company has clarity about what we need to deliver to our customers to accelerate sales growth, to drive efficient allocation of resources, provide a good environment for decision-making, and to a creating store experience for customers that follows a consistent, engaging, branded design.
- Develop and maintain an overall brand strategy for the business that will drive customer preference for our brands, through a relevant, differentiated promise to customers, thereby accelerating sales growth while maintaining margins. Address brand strategy requirements for both current banners and new acquisitions. Develop customer sub-propositions for units of the business that help deliver the overall brand promise, e.g. key business areas (Meat, Produce, HBC, Pharmacy), key customer segments (e.g. Moms, Health & Wellness), economic vs. upscale markets. Develop customer experience strategies, across all brand pillars, for each sub-brand, in order to guide the products, programs and other offerings being developed at the BU level
- Develop and lead day-to-day deployment of the roadmap to delivering the brand, the strategy which will articulate and prioritize cross-company initiatives that will realize the brand promise at each banner, for customers.
- Determine if/how the brand promise should be adapted across divisions, in order to win in each competitive situation. Develop and maintain key insight re. competitors’ brand strategies, for each division; proactively identify and bring forward implications for the chain, divisions, markets, stores, as relevant.
- Develop associate engagement strategies, to support the brand, partnering with key HR, Operations and Merchandising leads. Includes store associates, and branding of internal communications (posters, associate website, recruiting materials, etc.) Design/develop all logowear.
- Partner with Format team to develop branded elements of format plans, including layout, décor and merchandising elements.
- Develop seasonal décor toolbox for use at the store/division level, to “dress stores” and win customer perceptions/”own the holidays” for our brands. Seasonal toolbox will:
- Enable the stores to create personality and an engaging experience for customers and associates, while maintaining brand identity guidelines.
- Develop, deploy and measure demo/sampling strategy for all banners, to support the Marketing Calendar and merchandising events. Determine most effective/efficient approach (associate-managed vs. external partner.)
- Work with Category Managers to build awareness/understanding of how the brand strategy translates to individual categories and help CMs develop brand-building aspects of their plans. Over time, provide similar annual planning support to all relevant business areas (e.g. divisions, front-end, associate/HR.)
- Partner with Insight team to establish brand success metrics, review results regularly and develop business recommendations based on findings.
- Requires 10+ years experience with a clear understanding of consumer needs, competitive brands and offerings, and our own business
- Proven experience working successfully with cross-functional teams to translate brand vision in order to create alignment and drive business initiatives that positively impact sales.
- Prior experience with building brand creative strategy and identity.
- Demonstrated analytical skills including experience with developing and applying meaningful metrics to evaluate effectiveness of business results.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s degree preferred)
Education (Highest Level): Bachelors Degree
Experience: Greater than 10 years