The Brand Manager leads brand strategy and brand marketing efforts for the Save-A-Lot corporate brand and private label brands, reporting into the VP of Strategy & Marketing. Responsible for building brand equity and profitability for the company, the Brand Manager strives to build Save-A-Lot’s competitive advantage via brand differentiation and consumer segmentation.
As the primary brand steward, this individual is responsible for the strategy, management, development, and execution of all consumer-directed creative elements of Save-A-Lot’s exclusive brands and corporate brand. He/she leads the process to develop, pilot, launch and manage private label product brands with support from marketing and merchandising.
The Brand Manager is responsible for establishing the brand standards and for protecting them, by ensuring that all, which impacts the brand, is consistent and on strategy. This position works closely with the store experience and communications team on brand equity development, brand standards and communication tools for internal and external use. The position also works with the consumer insights team to continuously refine the company’s understanding of target consumers and customer segmentation.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Responsible for the development and operational implementation of Save-A-Lot’s corporate brand and private label strategy, marketing framework and creative campaign platform. He/she will bring the brand to life in all messaging, ensuring continued consumer relevancy and increased consumer awareness of the Save-A-Lot brand and private label brands.
- Oversee the implementation of corporate and private label brand strategies through the strategic planning and budgeting process, implementing processes to track progress and ensuring resources and objectives are aligned cross-functionally.
- Act as the central lead for brand platform pilots and regional launches. Develop, execute and monitor comprehensive launch plans for new private label products.
- Deliver branding consulting expertise to senior leadership, store experience, packaging, communications, merchandising and marketing teams to ensure effective execution of brand strategy.
- Develop and maintain all private label brand guidelines.
- Using consumer segmentation, identify and communicate who the Save-A-Lot target consumer is, ensuring all messaging and activities are addressed to this target.
- Track, analyze and synthesize brand research and brand health data to develop actionable strategies to improve brand equity.
- Manage budget and ensure on-plan delivery of costs and demonstrate understanding of P&L leverage points
- Develop strong understanding of Save-A-Lot business, growth objectives, licensee base and assortment to develop national, scalable solutions.
- Stay abreast of industry packaging, product and competitors’ brand trends.
- A degree in Business with Marketing focus required. MBA preferred.
- 8+ years Brand Management experience required
- 4+ years consumer insights/research experience required.
- 2 + years category management experience preferred.
- 2 + years new product development experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to mine, synthesize and apply deep consumer understanding to drive business growth
- Exceptional creative sensibilities and experience in managing external consultancies and marketing communication agency partners
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective business relationships at all levels of the company and in the business community.
- Market/consumer research experience with a good understanding of marketing, merchandising and consumer research.
- Proficient on all Microsoft products, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Advanced level PowerPoint required
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment.
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Some travel may be required
Primary Location: Missouri-Earth City