Department: Quality Assurance
Address: 646 S. Main
City: San Antonio
Min Pay Rate: $70,900.00
Mid Pay Rate: $88,600.00
The Product Quality Manager (PQM) position is responsible for maintaining and growing the Quality Assurance programs of suppliers responsible for providing products to HEB.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Perform the job functions necessary for the execution of the direct import process program through deployment of product and brand risk assessments. Follow import processes and risk assessments developed for each business area
- Collaborate with 3rd party service providers on product testing requirements and pre-shipment inspections to ensure regulatory compliance and H.E.B. quality initiatives are met.
- Conduct product risk assessments and ensure accredited 3rd party laboratory reports meet all regulatory requirements
- Ensure import suppliers/factories meet with HEB requirements for social compliance and security as defined by the direct import program.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external partners; including but not limited to Brand Management, Packaging Engineers, Product Development, Design, Supplier Quality Assurance Managers, Brokers, Sourcing Agents, and other 3rd party service providers
- Perform product investigations and facilitate quality related information to key stakeholders.
- Conduct supplier and factory assessments and ensure compliance to HEB Standards for product safety and quality.
- Support business teams through timely, effective communication of documented project/risk assessments and QA project requirements. Communicate risk, QA decisions and plans in a timely, effective manner that influences and aids in the business decision.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, International Business, Biology, Food Science or related field or comparable experience
- 5 years of related experience
- Successful completion of H-E-B Certified Quality Auditor Training: HACCP, GMP, Food Microbiology 101, Product Safety & Quality Standard, Internal Systems, Joint Auditing, Standardization Audit, Statistical Process Control, Systems Auditing, Regulatory Training, Food Protection Management, American Society for Quality-Certified Quality Auditor
- Operational knowledge in each of the following areas:
- Manufacturing Systems
- Product Safety
- Consumer Product Testing
- Quality Management Principles
- Government Regulations
- Quality Auditing Principles
- Statistical Process Control
- 20% -25% Domestic and International travel required
- Travel by car or airplane with extended overnight stays
- Function in a fast-paced, retail, office environment
- Work extended hours as needed