Req ID: 29252BR
Business Area: CVS Caremark
Location: Woonsocket, RI
Job Category: Management, Purchasing, Product Management, Inventory Management, Merchandising, Pricing, Analytics, Business Analyst, Category Manager
Clinical Licensure Required : N/A
Job Type: Full Time
Senior Category Managers (SCM) are located in CVS’s Merchandising department in Woonsocket, RI and are responsible for leading a team for inception, development, life on shelf of a Business Unit products and the respective P&L. SCMs have a full scope of responsibility for attaining budgeted sales, gross margin, and building market share within their Business Unit and categories. Overall, SCMs are responsible for achieving the Merchandising objectives as they relate to the CVS Strategic plan.
- Deliver sales and margin goals in assigned category by attaining market share to include but not limited to: growth, sales, contribution margin, inventory turns and GMROI; managing all profit and loss information for the category.
- Vendor management to include: collaborating, interviewing, and negotiating extensively with manufacturers and vendors to ensure product placement and product strategy that drive sales and profitability.
- Developing and implementing category plans (i.e., plan optimal SKU mix; Extracare loyalty program; weekly, seasonal, annual promotional programs) for merchandising programs from 1 to 3 years that reflect deep personal knowledge of our businesses, customers and clients.
- Continually sustain a strong understanding of current competition; as well as search out new competitive opportunities.
- Responsible for financial analysis and reporting to include but not limited to: budgeting 1 – 3 years in the future, forecasting 1 – 12 months and ad hoc financial analysis as required.
- Initiating and executing strategic promotional strategies and marketing plans.
- Collaborating internally with a team of CVS professionals in Inventory, Pricing, Promotion, Finance, Category Management, Legal, Quality, Marketing, Creative, Store Design and Store Operations.
- Oversee other positions, including a Product Development Managers, Category Managers, Assistant Category Managers and a Merchandising Administrative Assistant.
- Compliance orientation to maintain integrity of data, systems and partnerships with vendors.
- Willingness to travel 10-20%.
- Delivers Results. Rigorously drives self and others to achieve high levels of individual and organizational performance . . . clearly wants to win.
- Impacts and Influences Others. Skillfully persuades others to support important initiatives, gain alignment with our strategy and goals, and act in the best interests of the company.
- Demonstrates a Deep Understanding of Our Business. Develops and applies a deep personal knowledge of our businesses, customers and clients.
- Drives Speed and Innovation. Challenges self and the organization to seek and promote leading edge solutions, create new opportunities, and be the market-maker.
- Focuses on the Customer and Market. Continuously evaluates what’s important to the customer/client and develops products or solutions that exceed expectations.
- Thinks and Acts Strategically. Anticipates business opportunities and challenges and drives long-term strategies while maintaining a focus on shorter-term objectives.
- Makes Sound Business Decisions. Makes timely and well-informed decisions that advance critical priorities, capitalize on new opportunities, and resolve problems.
- Partners Across Boundaries. Works collaboratively and effectively with colleagues throughout the company toward the common good of CVS Caremark.
5+ years experience in a retail organization; or in an analytical, merchandising, or buying position
Experience as a Category Manager or Store Brand Position Experience in managing a team Strong working knowledge of retail math concepts and demonstrated application Proven ability to implement strategies and use negotiation tactics to grow sales Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills Technical experience in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; some Access or other database knowledge
Bachelor’s Degree- Masters degree preferred
CVS Caremark, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
Latest posts by Christopher Durham (see all)
- “Where Is Private Label Going?” Attend PLMA International – May 22, 2013
- Dean & Deluca & Boreal Water Partner on Private Brand – May 22, 2013
- PB CAREERS: Southern Seasons – Corporate Director of New Product Development – May 21, 2013