Minneapolis based grocer Supervalu’s Private Brand Essential Everyday is featured several recipes by Antonia Lofaso, mom, author and contestant on Bravo’s Top Chef.
Supervalu has worked with the celebrity since the launch of Everyday Essentials. Antonia Lofaso introduced the expanded Essential Everyday brand lineup at a blogger event held in New York City in June. “As a working mom, I know firsthand the challenges of juggling work and home life, and how hard it is to find the time to make a nutritious, home-cooked meal that your kids will actually like,” Lofaso said. “In my new book, ‘The Busy Mom’s Cookbook,’ coming out in August, I include some simple tips for getting organized as well as a list of must- have pantry essentials. With the wide variety of Essential Everyday offerings, there’s so much you can do to prepare a quick, easy, nutritious meal that your whole family is sure to enjoy.”
“We’ve been very pleased with customers’ initial response to Essential Everyday. Consumers continue to look for products that exceed their expectations in the areas of affordable value. Our Essential Everyday brand does just that,” said Sam Mayberry, Supervalu vice president of private brands. “In addition to providing high-quality products at a great value, we’re focused on building customer loyalty for Essential Everyday and our other private brands by continuously innovating and bringing fresh ideas to our brand lineups.”
Three Bean Chili by Antonia Lofaso
READY IN: 25 MINUTES
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES
- 2 tablespoons Essential Everyday Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Essential Everyday Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Essential Everyday Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can Essential Everyday Pinto Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can Essential Everyday Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can Essential Everyday Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (1.25 ounce) packet Essential Everyday Original Chili Seasoning Mix
- ⅛-¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and peppers; sauté until onions are translucent (about 5-7 minutes).
- Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.